Fitting a layered tip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by bobmikeking View Post
    I can get good results with the scalple, but I find it very easy to cut into the side of the tip even when taking my time and paying attention. I am not sure but I have wondered if it is anything to do with me being left handed. When using it right handed the blade is pretty close to level with the side of the handle. But on the other side it is more offset with the part of the handle the blade attaches to sticking out more. I don't know if I am hitting that and it is making the blade move/twist unusually or if it is a cobinatination of things. It could just be me but I am usually pretty good with my hands.
    Difficult to say Bob.

You could try taking it so far and then getting the tip level on the sides by using one of the over sized pencil sharpeners putting the blade parallel with the ferrule and that can also get it with a decent line.
    Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
    Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
    Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

I have the same issue being left handed so I bought a longer utility blade and put some tape around one end so that i can grip it easily. Be careful though - quite easy to cut yourself

Comment

I use a utility blade/Stanley blade just the blade. I use the same method as in the videos you do apart from that, and I am pretty happy with the results I am getting. I have only done about 10 or so tips so far and each time it gets a bit better. The only thing I am thinking of changing really is to try better quality/sharper blades. I am just using cheap rolson blades at the moment

Comment

I use a big pencil sharpener, works well. Don't use it as you would on a pencil though, keep it straight and take very fine shavings off with it to avoid any taper to thee sides.
          ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

If there is a lot of over hang, I use scalpel or Stanley blade first then a tip-sharpener to trim tidy.
            If not much overhang, tip-sharpener works well

Take your time and don't try to remove too much at one time works for me
            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
              I use a big pencil sharpener, works well. Don't use it as you would on a pencil though, keep it straight and take very fine shavings off with it to avoid any taper to thee sides.
              Yeah I like that method.

What I like is we have all found a way to accomplish the same thing.

I like the pencil sharpener to lose any overhand on the ferrule and to ensure the side wall of the tip is the same width.
              Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
              Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
              Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Working...
              X