No announcement yet.

1g balls in a regular box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bought a new white from Craftsman ....I think !
    Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Cue Crafty, you sure someone hasn’t swapped your cue ball over? Seems a helluva big loss. I’ve noticed that my cue balls lose weight over time but nothing as excessive as yours.
      PS. Can’t seem to get your link to take me to a cue ball.

Comment

https://www.craftsmancues.com/acatal...87.html#SID=35
        Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Neil, did Craftsmen pick out the right weight for you so that it fitted into your 1G set?

Comment

Originally Posted by Nifty50 View Post
            Cue Crafty, you sure someone hasn’t swapped your cue ball over? Seems a helluva big loss. I’ve noticed that my cue balls lose weight over time but nothing as excessive as yours.
            PS. Can’t seem to get your link to take me to a cue ball.
            Hmmm, I do play with a few other guys that use their own cue ball in my club so I guess that's not beyond possibility and given the level of loss would explain better the low weight.

This is is the link to the cue ball I have bought, hopefully legit, looks a pretty sound seller.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F283484832561
            ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Just used my digital caliper to check the size of the cue ball, comes up as 50.09!! all the others are standard 52.5, I thought it looked slightly smaller but also thought it was an optical illusion, i knew these cue balls loose some mass over time but didn't realise that loss was in size?

Even if its not my original ball its still looks and feels like a TC, Im shocked they actually get smaller!! how does that happen and how do they remain perfectly spherical?! Answers on a used Ten pound note please!
              ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
                Just used my digital caliper to check the size of the cue ball, comes up as 50.09!! all the others are standard 52.5, I thought it looked slightly smaller but also thought it was an optical illusion, i knew these cue balls loose some mass over time but didn't realise that loss was in size?

Even if its not my original ball its still looks and feels like a TC, Im shocked they actually get smaller!! how does that happen and how do they remain perfectly spherical?! Answers on a used Ten pound note please!
                Need Steven Hawkins on this one mate lol.
                PS. Just to add. Did you not notice the cue ball “pinging” about like a marble?
                Last edited by Nifty50; 20 November 2019, 09:58 AM.

Comment

Need Steven Hawkins on this one mate lol.
                  PS. Just to add. Did you not notice the cue ball “pinging” about like a marble?
                  Lolz! Funny enough no I didn't as it still feels pretty solid compared to the club whites which are like ping pong balls.

Seeing as i'd need a medium to speak to Steven Hawkins, I asked the next best thing...Google! Some scholarly articles show there is "shrinkage" in Phenolic resin, and the main thinking seems to be that impact on the balls tends to heighten this, therefore explaining why the cue ball suffers most.

Would be good if the BBC show "Inside the factory" did an episode at the Saluc factory - then again Greg Wallace is an annoying git so maybe not....
                  ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Would be good if the BBC show "Inside the factory" did an episode at the Saluc factory - then again Greg Wallace is an annoying git so maybe not....
                    I would even suffer that if they did

almost as much as ROS at Tweeten
                    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Would love to see the production process at Saluc and an explanation of why the balls end up all different weights E.g. 3 grammes difference between the lightest and the heaviest. I would have thought that in a manufacturing process using machines, and maybe computers, all the balls should be the same weight. Maybe the process is not as automated as I’m thinking. I heard that the liquid phenolic resin is poured into moulds and allowed to harden. After that the moulds are broken open and the balls go through some sort of “smoothing and polishing” process. Maybe that means that each ball is unique. Don’t know.
                      Last edited by Nifty50; 21 November 2019, 08:34 AM.

Comment

Yeah, you've had someone swap your 2 1/6 cue ball for a 2 inch

Comment

Originally Posted by wlorcb View Post

Yeah, you've had someone swap your 2 1/6 cue ball for a 2 inch
                          Lolz,was anchor man in the team knockout tonight and had to play with the club "brilliant white" lite white, I went into the frame -90 and my highest break was 15

I need a cuddle and more importantly a new cueball. Hurry mr postman!!
                          ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ARAMITH-S...-/380856417258
                            This seller says weight is 140g. Would be ok to fit into most 3G sets but maybe not 1G sets.

Comment

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ARAMITH-S...-/380856417258
                              This seller says weight is 140g. Would be ok to fit into most 3G sets but maybe not 1G sets.
                              1g - they would if the 1g balls are 139g or 141g
                              3g - they may not if the 3g are balls are 144g

remember, 1g and 3g balls are the SAME balls, just that Saluc/Aramith spend a little longer weighing them to the finer tolerance and make up the 1g sets.
                              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post

1g - they would if the 1g balls are 139g or 141g
                                3g - they may not if the 3g are balls are 144g
                                remember, 1g and 3g balls are the SAME balls, just that Saluc/Aramith spend a little longer weighing them to the finer tolerance and make up the 1g sets.
                                Understand. My 1G set are ALL above 141g. In fact most are closer to 142g E.g. 141.83. I was able to get a replacement white from Chesworth Cues which was 142g bang on so maintained the 1g integrity of my set. Just to repeat myself. Can’t understand why Saluc can’t get a bit more consistency in the weights.

Comment

Working...
                                X