Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

£4.20 now.

http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/c...diaId=51000711

You could always buy one with Peradon wrote on it, Like Ford said though "you can have any colour you like as long as it's black" and daft enough to pay £22 inc postage. They are on Ebay now.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Peradon-One-pi...QQcmdZViewItem

I cant imagine them being any different really other than mine wont rattle.

Comment

Originally Posted by poolqjunkie View Post
      I like the idea, I used to use a fishing rod case for my one piece.
      You know, I had never thought of that idea before.

After work today, I'm planning to test out my 59 inch Dufferin 17oz cue at the one snooker hall in this area, and a sporting goods store (which would have fishing rod cases) and a Home Depot (PVC waterpipes) are both on the way! So I may have a case by the end of the afternoon, I am chuffed. :snooker:
      "And I'd give him my right arm to have his cue action - poetry in motion."

Ronnie O'Sullivan on Steve Davis

Comment

Originally Posted by poolqjunkie View Post
        I just want to know how the cue sits in the case--is it foam fitted, or will the cue bang inside against the plastic or whatever material you are using?
        How much are you selling these for?
        The base plug fits very very tightly (bought them off a bloke who makes showjumping fences from these tubes, although they are for tubular chairs really. You can prise them out with a thin knife if need be though. inside I 've simply got some foam the size of a fistfull that naturally stays put in the base. You slide you cue in butt first and the foam will potect it from any damage at that end. Without the wheel thingy which I make from leather so as not to damage a shaft yes the cue will rattle but you simply slide it over the shaft and it holds the cue away from the inner side of the tube. I put a cube of chalk on top of the tip and the rubber cap holds it all perfectly still. Nothing stopping you putting a piece of foam on top of the tip if you pefer though.

£10 a tube sanded and polished, £15 if painted and lacquered, £4.20 P+P
        £20 or £30 for 2 including a bag though then the postage is £6 summat see royal mail link above.
        Last edited by Wity; 12 May 2008, 08:24 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by LWB

I'd go with the VW metalic gray at your recommendation lol.
          PM me you address and give me the exact length of you cue mate and I can post you a white one tommorrow but I doubt I've enough of the metalic grey paint left, I use virtually all of one tin per tube. Unless you want to wait a couple of days?

Comment

No rush at all mate, I'll pm you.
            Alex Higgins "If I knew you were comin I'd have baked a cake, baked a cake, baked a cake"

Comment

Originally Posted by Wity View Post
              The base plug fits very very tightly (bought them off a bloke who makes showjumping fences from these tubes, although they are for tubular chairs really. You can prise them out with a thin knife if need be though. inside I 've simply got some foam the size of a fistfull that naturally stays put in the base. You slide you cue in butt first and the foam will potect it from any damage at that end. Without the wheel thingy which I make from leather so as not to damage a shaft yes the cue will rattle but you simply slide it over the shaft and it holds the cue away from the inner side of the tube. I put a cube of chalk on top of the tip and the rubber cap holds it all perfectly still. Nothing stopping you putting a piece of foam on top of the tip if you pefer though.

£10 a tube sanded and polished, £15 if painted and lacquered, £4.20 P+P
              £20 or £30 for 2 including a bag though then the postage is £6 summat see royal mail link above.
              Thank you for the reply.
              So, is the tube for the extension the sme as the one for the cue, or is it shorter? Can you sort of weild the shorter extenstion case on the long one, so no bag is needed?
              Thank you.
              www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

I suppose one could be glued alongside another using araldite or simlar but it'd be oddly balanced to carry were the ends together and if not then opening the shorter one would be difficult (look at the caps).
                No one's gonna really fancy an all in one tube it'd be 6ft long although it's possible and postage would have to be via a courier as Royal Mail have a 1500 mm length limit (approx 60"). Nah , methinks a bag works better.

Comment

So, I got the best of both worlds today, me and my mates hit up Big 5 Sporting Goods in the Greenhaven area in Sacramento (about 10 minutes from the hall with the snooker table - I ended up reffing while my two friends played a frame of snooker and then a race-to-100 points English billiards match, it was entertaining)...

For $19.99 plus tax, they had a fishing-rod case, from Flambeau Outdoors, made out of PVC...that was exactly 60 inches long! My cue fits in perfectly; all this needs now is one of those patented leather rings, and some foam at the bottom, and it's pretty much your concept, Wity. :snooker:

Another advantage of this case: The top and bottom parts can be split apart for easier opening, too, in addition to opening the top cap.

Comment

This one? http://fishing.flambeauoutdoors.com/.../rod_cases.asp

Being a 2" diameter the only problem you have their is rattling but theres scope to put in some liner or other.

Next time your out pop into a plumbers merchants and look for some foam pipe lagging that'll do the trick. It's tubular foam meant to go over pipes, should fit in nicely.

Comment

Originally Posted by Wity View Post
                      This one? http://fishing.flambeauoutdoors.com/.../rod_cases.asp

Being a 2" diameter the only problem you have their is rattling but theres scope to put in some liner or other.

Next time your out pop into a plumbers merchants and look for some foam pipe lagging that'll do the trick. It's tubular foam meant to go over pipes, should fit in nicely.
                      Yep, the one in the link on the bottom, the 60 inch one.

Right now I have some bubble wrap in as an anti-rattling device, I wrapped a bit of it around the middle of the cue.

Comment

whatever works
                        https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Some fishing rod case has a zipper top, padding lining, and is really solid and firm. You dont really need to put anything extra inside to prevent it against rattling. Some also have two seperate compartments, so you can put your extention inside as well. The one I had a nylon water proof cover on a PVC tube with felt padding inside. It was just a bit of a hassel to turn the tube upside down to get the extension out. Other than that, it was really perfect. Durable and more troubel free than a briefcase type aluminum case. I think I paid $15 for it.
                          There is a more fancy style whereas the case itself is extenable.
                          www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

You'll struggle to do better than these pipes though honestly. I go match fishing and most nowadays use the continental type carbon poles and they can cost £3000 easily, I've yet to see any one carry his pole in anything other than plastic tubes inside a rod bag. and these tubes i'm using are stronger still.

Cacabujas makes probably the best quality leather cases and he even puts his in a plastic tube to protect it.

Comment

Working...
                            X