Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NorthWales-Cases the new Cheddar Classic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

not to mention Andy Hicks, Jason Whittaker, Darren Clarke, Nick Marsh, Mike Gold, Robert Marshall, Andy Radford, Andy Snell, and current crop of Mike Williams, Greg Batten, Sam Baird, Andy Symons Rowe, Mike King all doing well on the PIOS tour
    Its not how well you play its how good you look playing that counts!

Comment

Originally Posted by stegorjus View Post
      I would point out that Ray Reardon lives just across the bay from me. Only snag is, he's WELSH!
      You can have Ray he moved from Wales many years ago, to Stoke to be a Policeman late 50's I think, so apart from archalf1471 and Ray Reardon who else can play in Devon?
      Welsh Is Best

Comment

Originally Posted by archalf1471 View Post
        not to mention Andy Hicks, Jason Whittaker, Darren Clarke, Nick Marsh, Mike Gold, Robert Marshall, Andy Radford, Andy Snell, and current crop of Mike Williams, Greg Batten, Sam Baird, Andy Symons Rowe, Mike King all doing well on the PIOS tour
        Good crop of players coming through, which one will take the place of Andy Hicks to be the best in the area?
        Welsh Is Best

Comment

see previous contribution Mike and thanks for the plug!
          Its not how well you play its how good you look playing that counts!

Comment

Originally Posted by Son of Cliff View Post
            You can have Ray he moved from Wales many years ago, to Stoke to be a Policeman late 50's I think, so apart from archalf1471 and Ray Reardon who else can play in Devon?
            If memory serves me well did'nt Ray move to Brixham? lovely place been there many times, St Marys Bay etc.
            Welsh Is Best

Comment

for snooker players its nice to come from scotland or wales!
              https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by Wity View Post
                So now you've got your posing case sorted, buy one that does a better job of protecting your cues for £20. G-teed no snipe remarks of "flash *******" every time you walk in a club.
                see: http://www.thesnookerforum.com/board...ad.php?t=11165
                You still got these going mate? Chuck me a web address for them if you can please.
                Alex Higgins "If I knew you were comin I'd have baked a cake, baked a cake, baked a cake"

Comment

Originally Posted by Son of Cliff View Post
                  If memory serves me well did'nt Ray move to Brixham? lovely place been there many times, St Marys Bay etc.
                  That's right, lovely place............................................. ..........to retire to!

Comment

Originally Posted by Wity View Post
                    So now you've got your posing case sorted, buy one that does a better job of protecting your cues for £20. G-teed no snipe remarks of "flash *******" every time you walk in a club.
                    see: http://www.thesnookerforum.com/board...ad.php?t=11165
                    When the case arrives I will post a picture of it to show its quality, its always better to drive around in a Rolls than a Lada
                    Welsh Is Best

Comment

Just have to say those cases are extreamly ugly. I wouldn't want to be seen with one.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally Posted by CTquick147 View Post
                        Just have to say those cases are extreamly ugly. I wouldn't want to be seen with one.
                        I'd agree to a point, but I think they had function rather than form in mind hopefully . I have another case that I would use most of the time, but I play for a pool team so taking a nice leather case is not always the best idea. This case definately has it's place, although I'd never, ever get it in a bright colour. It would need to be totally black or dark green.
                        Alex Higgins "If I knew you were comin I'd have baked a cake, baked a cake, baked a cake"

Comment

leather cases

i dont normally get in to these things but could not help myself on this occasion !
                          I just want to praise all case makers as we all know that they are under valued unlike your wooldridge or parris cues theye include a lot of time and effort!
                          secondly i have included a couple of pictures of one of my cases and tried to show the work involved in making such a case, firstly to spend up to 3 hours making the box section, then on to spending a further 4/5 hours individually cutting up to 230 diamonds! then on to gluing each diamond in to its correct position before spending a couple more hours sewing the skins afterwards there is the hard work of making the case as well as padding the intirior and lining it with suede.
                          as well as the labour involved (around 25/30) there is up to £45 in matirials consisting of leather, suede, woods, screws, glue, hindges, latches, threads and badges and the cost of wrapping and posting the case afterwards wich is included in my prices.
                          So wether you buy a case from myself peradon stanford or from the middle east just remember that someone has put just as much effort in to it as the guy who made your cue !
                          lastly as for walking in the rain with a case that costs so much i have a plastic tube type case for that, as leather cases need to be cared for!
                          your crispian jones.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Your cases are superb mate, keep it up!
                            Rocket Ronnie Rules!!!

Comment

hi crispian why do you not put the safety straps on your cases .

Comment

north wales cases

There are two reasons that i dont put staps on my cases, Firstly i dont have the correct equiptment to put them on securely so until i do i will avoid them ! And secondly i personally dont like them as i spent over £600 on my cue and whenever i play wether in the pubs or in compititions my cue goes straight back in its case after each game, Maybe if i won more my cue would not be in and out of the case all evening.

Comment

Working...
                                X