No announcement yet.

what chalk is the best

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think that I’ve posted this in another thread, but this must be the best chalk because “It Bites and Holds On”

I have cases of old chalk (in storage) maybe it's time to go through it.

Mike

Comment

hmmm wot is this bulldog chalk, i have never seen this b4, i use the green triangle chalk so how does this compare?

Comment

The chalk is old, I’m thinking from approximately the 1960's. Perhaps someone from your side of the pond can date it. I have not tried any of my older chalk, they are for display only.

Mike

Comment

Wao.. they older than me..
          It's best to save it for display only, nice antic chalk there

Comment

Without a shadow of a doubt it's Triangle Chalk
            Justin - The Cue Store - Handmade and Bespoke Cues, Bespoke Fibreglass Cue Cases, Accessories.
            Website - The Cue Store - E-mail - sales@thecuestore.co.uk - Tel - 01892 882787
            Skype - thecuestore1 - Whatsapp - 07810 635004
            Facebook - Like The Cue Store - Twitter - Follow The Cue Store

Comment

Here is some chalk, I presume is older due to it’s color. Sorry for the size, I'm not sure how to make them smaller.

Mike

Comment

Wao..how old is that chalk ?? Is it white chalk ?

Comment

I am not certain of it's age and yes it is white. I believe that when chalk was first invented it was white. One story has it that someone’s cue came in contact with a stucco ceiling and as they say the rest is history. Also chalk was invented before the use of a leather tip.

Mike

Comment

From the picture it looks very old there(but still in good shape right).. Haha. Can't/hardly can get white chalk nowadays.
                    Thanks for the sharing.. Really great collection there..

Comment

• Green Triangle chalk FTW!

Comment

• Originally Posted by Mike P View Post
                        I am not certain of it's age and yes it is white. I believe that when chalk was first invented it was white. One story has it that someone’s cue came in contact with a stucco ceiling and as they say the rest is history. Also chalk was invented before the use of a leather tip.

Mike
                        Must of missed this when you posted it - great collection there

Comment

• Did not know there were round chalk before.. thought they were all square all this while.

Comment

• I still have a piece of the old light Triangle Chalk.
                            By the way, Jimmy White and John Virgo are on radio, teaching Chris Evans how to play snooker, at this moment.
                            :snooker:

Comment

• For anyone interested in collecting a rare piece of chalk, there is a Jimmy White chalk. Atari put out a snooker game(Whirlwind Snooker??), that came with a piece of chalk. On two occasions, I have been able to purchase games that still included the chalk. I believe that I paid about $5 for the games. I doubt that many pieces of his chalk are still out there, thus making it rare. If someone wants the games, and covers postage they can have them for free. My avatar shows a Burroughes & Watts chalk and case. I believe these were more for show, because the chalk is not very thick. Also I have a piece of Spinks chalk that is an odd ball shape. Due to a lot of old chalk being round, I am wondering if back then manufacturing a round piece of chalk was easier?

I have included a pic of a Stamp that advertised Chalk.
                              Mike

Comment

Working...
                              X