Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheddar Classic Cases

http://cheddarclassicsthailand.com

Web site for the Cheddar Classisc case, I am probably going to order one, if they reply to me emails. If any one has any dealings with this web site please post in this thread.

I dont want to get my leg lifted!!

thnx

it seems genuine enough, i was aware that dave Johnstone Alllen had moved to Thai some time ago but was not aware they still traded or indeed had started up again????
    Its not how well you play its how good you look playing that counts!

Comment

Originally Posted by jonashford View Post
      Players' dreams have been answered! Cheddar Classic Cases are back!

I assume they are genuine, I can almost guarantee that this thread will have a lot of replies. Also, I cannot stop thinking that the Thailand snooker industry is getting more and more successful. They are really great cases, or they look it anyway. They sell CC cues too, I didn't know that.

Comment

Will the dreams of the people who payed for cases and never got them come true?

To be fair it's been some years since I've heard tale of it but I was told that when they went under lots of people lost money on them.
        I don't know this as fact though.

If you want this style of case I can only recommed Stamford they didn't run off with my money

Comment

Originally Posted by Watford View Post

To be fair it's been some years since I've heard tale of it but I was told that when they went under lots of people lost money on them.

If you want this style of case I can only recommed Stamford they didn't run off with my money
          So do you think they are real Cheddar Classic cases though??

600th Post!! 400 to go to get to 1000!!!

Comment

Sounds to me like a Thai company just purchased the right to the name and logo making cues and cases under the same name but by different people and with different equipment. I am not sure if you can call it real or not, since it is quite obvious to me that the cases are not made by the same person or in the same country any more. And the cues are definitely a new addition.
            A worst case senerio would be a company just using the same name and logo without even paying anything for it. Somehow, it looks like they have though.
            If they are serious, they should get a UK based distributor with a physical Uk address to market it. I can totally understand why buyers could be skeptical if they have to order it all the way from Thailand.
            Another question I have would be ,"is it fair to pay that kind of price for a case made in Thailand just because it carries the same name that were used by a UK company years ago?"
            www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Originally Posted by Watford View Post

Tis a fact of life almost that when a company is going under it'll still accept orders and then if it goes bust befoe the goods are delivered the customer is way down on the list of creditors and almost always loses all.

Pretty cases. impracticle as hell though. If you want to be flash the blue white and black domino one craftsman sell in vinyle fo £85 is a bobby dazzler beware of the ebay cowboy selling the same fo £145 though with his "leather look" description implyimg it's leather, look at it. when the small print says its a leather like vinyle.

Crispen gets my vote though fo the best leather cases. I'd much rather deal with a welshman than an ex pat in Thailand if that is who they are.
              Last edited by Wity; 21 July 2008, 11:37 PM.

Comment

I got a reply, from "Dave", says hes making in thailand which is what I had thought he moved there a few years ago, he had just started to do the cues before he went there. So it seems a natural progression to go in to a larger range especially when everything will cost less to have made over there. Only £15 postage. Thy last a lot longer than most cases are beautiful, and if you ever sell they certainly fetch good money.

Comment

I agree with "wity", Crispian makes outstanding cases at a sensible price for the work involved and is very easy to deal with.

Comment

Looks like we are just waiting for someone brave enough to put in an order, or hear from someone who has recently purchased from the site then?

Comment

Tis a fact of life almost that when a company is going under it'll still accept orders and then if it goes bust befoe the goods are delivered the customer is way down on the list of creditors and almost always loses all.

The strange thing is that although lots of people are roumored to have lost out on there cash when chedar went down, dave actually made me one of the mardigra cases two weeks after i was told of the situation by J Parris
                      £300 cash, and even payed with a credit card ! the handle did not have the chedar classics on it but every thing else was great.
                      It was a coulple of months later when i changed to a one piece cue that i realized i could not replace the 3/4 case with a one piece, so i started making my own !
                      The fact is that dave did go to thailand, and maybe could not trade under the "chedar classics" name as someone may well have taken the name over!!!
                      best off luck to dave i just hope that that the leather over there is good quality as whenever i go on holiday i try to look at hides and there seems to be some toughf old cows abroad !
                      But saying that i get my leather from a reputable supplier in manchester and for all i know it could be from thailand, most things are nowadays....

Comment

Well I've ordered my case with Dave,,, It should be here in 3 - 4 weeks. When it arrives I will post pics of it for u all to check it out.

For any one who was left without a case when Dave packed up before I would suggest that you could email him and maybe work out a deal, I would. He seems very genuine to me and from waht some people who know him personally have said I would trust that the cases will be up to the usual high standard.

Now my new 3/4 case is coming, I have a Cheddar Classic Harlequinn single full length case, (black & blue) to sell if any one wants to make me an offer they are welcome, otherwise I will put it on ebay, I will post some pics this weekend. It is in very good condition.

cheers
                        Jon
                        Last edited by jonashford; 24 July 2008, 04:30 PM.

Comment

Cheddar Classic case

Gud news my Cheddar Classic case arrived today.

I made the payment via bank transfer on 25th July, so It didnt take too long to arrive, Case is excellent quality as one would expect, I went for the "original" plain black 3/4 verison case. It is very well made the leather is very good quality and the corners are outstanding, I am lead to believe this is the hardest part when covering a case.

Comment

I'm glad it came and it was fine, what was the packing like?

Comment

Packed in cardboard, well packaged with no marks on the leather, The only & only fault I could pick if I was really fussy is that it has 4 hinges 2 butt & 2 butterfly, I would prefer it to have an extra butterfly hinge in the centre, but I can add one myself. It is a 3/4 case so I think that this is the norm. on the whole I'm pleased.

So I hope this will put everyones minds at ease and know that if they so choose they can order from Cheddar Classics with peace of mind.

http://cheddarclassicsthailand.com
                              Last edited by jonashford; 3 August 2008, 03:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X