Mushroom Tips, Overhanging Tips...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mushroom Tips, Overhanging Tips...

Making m First attempt at fitting a new tip...It's kind of like regripping my golf clubs myself lol.

Anyways I have the old Tip off and sanded to a perfect flat surface. I am using the ADR147 Guide (thanks for this).

I have a 10MM Elkmaster tip which I have roughened up the back but ensuring that it is still flat and I am awaiting Gel Glue from the local DIY store.

Th 10MM overhangs a bit and I like the look over these tips...Have you any pointers for shaping new tips into this style...Maybe a reference picture would be a good guide for me.

Many Thanks in Advance

pic of the tipless cue

Comment

I personally don't like an overhanging tip so what i usually do once the tip is stuck is turn the cue upside down and use a sharp stanley blade to trim up with the ferrule, lightly sandpaper around the edge to make smooth then dome the tip to suit.
      Highest Break
      Practice: 136 (2005)
      Match: 134 (2006)
      In 2011: 94
      Centuries made: 50+

Comment

Originally Posted by thinsy View Post
        ...dome the tip to suit.
        How do you usually do this? I have read that sandpaper might not be the best to use? I have a small fine metal file?

Comment

i always use sandpaper, true it isn't ideal but i use P100 then get the shape then a finer paper to smooth it.
          Highest Break

Comment

thanks for this! Just heading to get the glue now and il get shaping later. Cheers

Comment

No prob, just remember to only make down strokes with the sandpaper. If you do upstrokes you'll find the tip will break up....
              Highest Break

Comment

Cool, I have 1200 sandpaper which should do the trick!

Comment

I just did it the slow way with fine sand paper. Played the new tip in this mornign then played 3 frames won 2 and lost the other on the black. It Feels great

Comment

Working...
                  X