craftsman wax/cue slide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• craftsman wax/cue slide

Any one used these? or know whats in them?

i have a craftsman cue on which i use linseed oil and a beeswax stick. but does not seem to match the finish the cue had when i got it back from craftsman after some alterations.

shall i try these out or not?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CRAFTSMAN-CUE-...1%7C240%3A1318

and

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1-x-TIN-OF-CRA...1%7C240%3A1318
    http://e.imagehost.org/0813/Mellow_yellow_sig1.jpg

On my old cue I used a similar wax which was fine but am preferring a just oil finish generally.
    I would think the wax would give you the same finish as the shop.

Mial Simon see what he says?
    Hmmm he might says to buy 10 of both though!

ADR147 has a secret wax recipe and sells the odd pot you could always ask him?

Comment

Craftsmancues dont apply Linseed to their cues so it;s unlikely you'd get the exact same finish as them and as they said themselves in the link below a lot depends on how its applied.

http://www.thesnookerforum.com/board...ht=alternative

My craftsman ultimate apparemtly spliced in thailand and finished in leeds had a sorta blister in the finish on the back of the butt at first. no bigger than a thumbnail which made me think it was a lacquer, ADR reckoned it may have been a result of having heated oil and wax applied but in any case i just got the oooo out and flattened it. Doing so proved it wasnt lacquer as that shows as a white powder in the wire wool a dab of linseed and it was all honky dory.
      Since then though i've refinished it completely with linseed and with beeswax on the butt and its no different to look at now as it ever was.

Might try the liberon stuff one day when this bottle of Linseed eventually runs out.

Comment

yeah i'm down to my last few drops of linseed so was just seeing what else is about and came across these.

Comment

Please let us know if you try them Mellow Yellow. Have a Craftsman now and am interested in how I should look after it also.

Comment

I have a maple Craftsman cue and was wondering, after reading this thread, whether I should use Linseed and/or Beeswax to maintain it. Can anyone advise? Also , are there particular types of oil/wax you should buy (or avoid)? Thanks JC

Comment

You can use linseed, and if the surface is smooth, wax is no necessary although it is not going to ruin anything. Oil finish by definition is done by oil, but you need many layers and I would do it over a period of times. Wax is a different type of finish. In my opinion, mixing oil and wax does not make any sense.
              www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

I too was wondering about these products so if anyone has any first hand experience could they please let us know how they got on? thanks
                sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

i normally use both, the oil to feed the wood and the wax to give it that extra finish, works a treat

Comment

Originally Posted by mattyshinobi22 View Post
                    i normally use both, the oil to feed the wood and the wax to give it that extra finish, works a treat
                    So you'd reccomend it then? i have only ever used oiled cues so do not know about the finish wax gives. I may buy some and try it out on my current cue, its not the most expensive thing in the world so i won't mind if i hate it, only have to live with it for another couple of months then i get a new cue for my 21st!
                    sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

I recently bought some Cue Slide from Craftsman to use on my varnished pool cue - it's OK, it works but wears off after a few days so you have to reapply it ... I don't know what it is, but it feels like oil to the touch and it dries within a few seconds - you just put a few drops on the cue, wipe it in and hey presto, your cue is less sticky ...

But it still didn't make my varnished cue as nice as my oil finished snooker cue so I decided to take the varnish off my pool cue - dead easy - 10mins with fine (600) wetordry followed by repeatedly coating in raw linseed oil over a couple of days ... it's lovely now ...

The helpful chap at Craftsman said you can also use Cue Slide on oil or wax finished cues although I haven't tried this as I'm happy with my oil finished cue ...

Comment

Originally Posted by RGCirencester View Post
                        So you'd reccomend it then? i have only ever used oiled cues so do not know about the finish wax gives. I may buy some and try it out on my current cue, its not the most expensive thing in the world so i won't mind if i hate it, only have to live with it for another couple of months then i get a new cue for my 21st!

yeap do recomment craftsman wax, left it on for an hr buffed clean and your cue feels like new every time

Comment

i got some of the wax the other day and it does work, my cue is a lot smoother.

Comment

longer you leave it on the better the finish

Comment

Right well i have today ordered the slide and the wax along with some new tips and have promised myself that this is the last time i mess about with my cue unless it actually needs it!

I get bored you see and start tinkering, removing good tips and re tipping just for the sake of it!!!

not any more, gonna put a layered tip on, that i know that i like and refinsh the shaft for the last time in a long time and leave it at that!

Comment

Working...
                              X