Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Choice of two. Your help please.

Hi there.
    I know the cue specs I am after having tried out a few cues in the last couple of weeks.

I have narrowed it down to two. Im not going to spend hundreds and hundreds as I’m just returning to the game after 30 yrs, having played non stop as a child and teenager.

I am looking at an ADR147 @ ?175 and a Tom classic prestigious @ ?250

are both these cues decent enough?
    if it was your money being spend, which would you go for? I can’t go and try them as they are a long way away from me.

Many thanks for your help.
    Neil.

Loving the way, just a week before my 50th, that I’m classed as a Junior member. Made me chuckle. ;-)

Comment

Never tried either cue but have heard good things about both .
      If your not going to try them and they are both at the spec you require then it’s basically down to ascetics.

You can have people on here saying they either like or dislike a particular cue but it means nothing to the person who is actually going to play with it.

Btw, welcome to the forum .where did you play as a junior /teenager ?
      Last edited by Starsky; 8 May 2021, 12:39 PM.

Comment

I’ve had both. I started back up playing 6 years ago and my first new cue was an ADR147 3/4 cue with a stainless steel ferrule. Good quality cue but was a little too responsive in the shaft for me. Not sure if that is a consistent thing in the range though. ADR Andrew Ramsey is a member/moderator on this forum.

I now have a Tom Classic 3/4 which I love, really nice balance to the cue and a solid hit. The tips on these cues are great too so if you decide on one try it first before ripping it off and putting your usual favourite on. If you are looking at the Tom cues on eBay from seller DLCustoms, that’s Darren Lowe who’s also a member on here.

Hope that’s useful, welcome back to the game!
        ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Both cues seen to get good reviews. Advantage of the ADR is that Andrew Ramsey is well known and respected. He's occasionally on here, and active on Facebook. He also has hundreds of cues not listed, so drop him a message and he will have lots more options for you to consider

Comment

I think at that price range there is literally nothing to pick between the two.

I think everyone would be in a similar situation and ultimately it just comes down to personal preference.

If it was me picking, and I had to decide between two cues, balance point would be my ultimate deciding factor. If one was under 17" and the other around 16", I'd pick the more forward balanced cue. Not sure if they have listed that spec on each cue but maybe something to consider?

Comment

Both are good. For the price, I would buy an ADR cue.

Comment

Hi everyone.

I ended up going for the Tom classic.
                Fits my criteria. Now looking forward to its arrival.

thanks for the help everyone.

regards
                Neil.

Comment

good luck with your new baby
                  let us know how you get on
                  Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by Liquizen View Post
                    Hi everyone.

I ended up going for the Tom classic.
                    Fits my criteria. Now looking forward to its arrival.

thanks for the help everyone.

regards
                    Neil.
                    Hope it plays well. Haven't heard anything but good things about these cues.

Comment

Working...
                    X