Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• weight 18oz or 18.5oz?

What do you think about choosing a weight for a new stick 3/4 57 "
    I was thinking about 18.5 oz and I'm afraid it's going to be heavy. And if I take 18OZ maybe it's going to be a little light.
    I prefer to have very little heavy (not too much) to feel comfortable and give a blow without moving.
    what do you say? 18 oz or 18.5 oz is that ok?

Thanks

I doubt you will notice much difference unless you've been using the same weight cue for a long time. Anything between 17.5 and 19oz is fine for snooker. My snooker cue is 17.6oz and I've played with heavier. All have played much the same once I've got used to them and adapted. Half an oz is a very small difference.
    Last edited by Mark187187; 21 May 2021, 12:49 PM.

Comment

As Mark has already stated you will hardly notice the difference between the two. In your post you’ll mention you prefer to have a lighter cue . Both 18 and 18.5 are in what I would could the medium range for a weight of a cue so it won’t make much difference .
      Last edited by Starsky; 21 May 2021, 11:18 AM.

Comment

tanx. i will take 18.5

Comment

The balance is more important than the weight, a well balanced 19 oz cue will feel lighter than a butt biased poorly balanced 18 oz cue.
          Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
          but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax View Post
            The balance is more important than the weight, a well balanced 19 oz cue will feel lighter than a butt biased poorly balanced 18 oz cue.
            That’s a good point and something the OP should think about .

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax View Post
              Exactly this, balance is far more important. I pick up cues all day every day and doubt I could tell the difference between 18 and 18.5.
              https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Yep to all balance quotes! Difficult question to give a straight answer to because, if you buy a Grand cue one piece all the weight is in its arze, Other newer cue makers like certain Maximus, Ton Pram, Tom Classic cues have more models with forward weight distributed further down the shaft, i.e. past the 3/4 joint if your getting a two piece, this makes for a very solid powerful hit in a cue.

I would never buy a cue without knowing where the balance point is and it does depend on what brand etc you are buying.
                ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
                  Yep to all balance quotes! Difficult question to give a straight answer to because, if you buy a Grand cue one piece all the weight is in its arze, Other newer cue makers like certain Maximus, Ton Pram, Tom Classic cues have more models with forward weight distributed further down the shaft, i.e. past the 3/4 joint if your getting a two piece, this makes for a very solid powerful hit in a cue.

I would never buy a cue without knowing where the balance point is and it does depend on what brand etc you are buying.
                  No such thing as grand cues it is the name used by a broker who sources them all over the place but yes check balance point first.
                  https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Working...
                  X