Help identifying this cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help identifying this cue

I have just recently started playing pool. Bought myself a new cue but that's not what this is about. Asked my dad to come play with me and suggested that he could use one of the old cues we have at work. Instead he told me that he had a cue in the attic and would get it out. I think the cue is a Peradon cue. More specifically Peradon and Fletcher maybe? But was curious to know exactly what cue it is and when it was made. He thinks it must be around 35 years old. The metal join seemed to be different to other cues that I have seen with a centre joint. I don't think the cue is anything special. Machine spliced by the looks of it but still curious. Any suggestions?

Nevermind. Seems there's no way for me to share the images? Neither can I delete the topic

Comment

Worked out a way to do it

geo visualizer

Comment

It is a Peradon & Fletcher cue by the logo, from ~1982 to 1998.
        Sorry can not find at the mo the cue model
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Definitely a Peradon, they've been using that logo since the mid 80s. Joint looks odd, you sure it's not broken?

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
            It is a Peradon & Fletcher cue by the logo, from ~1982 to 1998.
            Sorry can not find at the mo the cue model
            Yeah that was about as much as I could find too. He says around 35 years since he bought it so that fits. He only used it a handful of times. Still the original tip and it looks in good nic.

I've looked and looked and I can't find any cues that look the same or with the same centre join. It's usually wooden, brass or some sort of ivory/plastic type material. Plus there's usually some sort of badge not just the logo at the bottom. Perhaps because it was a more budget option.

Thanks for the efforts anyway

Comment

Originally Posted by Mark187187 View Post
              Definitely a Peradon, they've been using that logo since the mid 80s. Joint looks odd, you sure it's not broken?
              Pretty sure it's not broken but agree that the joint is unusual. That's the main reason I'm curious about the cue. Can't find one similar with that material.

The logo has changed slightly since the 80s when he bought it though. Less lines beneath the crown part. Also thought it was unusual for it to not just say peradon anywhere on it. Though I think it was Peradon and Fletcher at that time?

Comment

I think the joint was one they tried - late 80s? - as their attempt of a quick-lock type if I recall, a friend had one at around that time
                quiet a sturdy cue IIRC

Comment

I don't have much Peradon & Fletcher paraphernalia to match. Hope some of our resident historians may have more for you
                  but my feeling is the cue is late 80s early 90s period

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                    I think the joint was one they tried - late 80s? - as their attempt of a quick-lock type if I recall, a friend had one at around that time
                    quiet a sturdy cue IIRC
                    Does look more similar to the more modern Peradon quick lock types than the others. I have a couple of those older types n work and they take forever to detach etc.

Comment

I'm not an expert on this but I remember a friend had a cue with a joint like this when I was a kid, Dufferin was a Canadian company that made snooker and pool cues used to have superior quality joints and UK snooker brands started to experiment/use them when the two piece cues became popular from early eighties. I think this may have been what Kirk Stevens and Thorburn used. Riley had connections with the Dufferin brand too.

looking at your Dad's cue, I wouldn't be surprised if it was made by Dufferin and imported by Peradon, as they licensed Dufferin to make this Joe Davis cue which also has the circular disk on the flat and same joint.

Last edited by Cue crafty; 25 May 2021, 10:24 AM.
                      ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

My 1980’s Rex William’s Purist had something similar. Can’t check now as joint broke and has been replaced. From memory it was silver and had the long unthreaded bit at the bottom.

Comment

Working...
                        X