Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Power Glide Prestige, any experience

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Power Glide Prestige, any experience

    Looking to buy a new cue after getting back into playing again. Based in Australia so the range is limited here to mainly Persson and Power Glide. Import from the UK is expensive too and means there is no real saving. Have been looking at the PowerGlide Prestige V cue and wondered if anyone has used it and had an opinion. I can get it from Playwiththebest website and free postage to Australia which saves me about 15-20% over the cost here directly.

  • #2
    Originally Posted by Philmck View Post
    Looking to buy a new cue after getting back into playing again. Based in Australia so the range is limited here to mainly Persson and Power Glide. Import from the UK is expensive too and means there is no real saving. Have been looking at the PowerGlide Prestige V cue and wondered if anyone has used it and had an opinion. I can get it from Playwiththebest website and free postage to Australia which saves me about 15-20% over the cost here directly.
    I haven't tried this cue, but I've had a Powerglide in the past and it was fine. I do think that you can get more bang for your buck with the Thai cuemakers. I know that Phoenix cues are available in Australia, and other brands you could consider would be Master Cue and Maximus.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally Posted by Mark187187 View Post

      I haven't tried this cue, but I've had a Powerglide in the past and it was fine. I do think that you can get more bang for your buck with the Thai cuemakers. I know that Phoenix cues are available in Australia, and other brands you could consider would be Master Cue and Maximus.
      Thanks. What makes you say the other brands are better for the money? To me it looks like the craftsmanship is very similar

      Comment


      • #4
        The most expensive cue in the world is no good if it doesn’t suit you or feel right ,pick the one that’s right and feels good whether it’s 100 quid or 2 grand .Stephen Hendry did ok with a power glide

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally Posted by Philmck View Post

          Thanks. What makes you say the other brands are better for the money? To me it looks like the craftsmanship is very similar
          I just found the workmanship to be much neater with the Mastercue and Maximus I have/have had compared to the Powerglide and Peradon cues I've had for similar money. Also for the price of a Powerglide Prestige (?300-350), you would be getting a higher tier shaft (a legend plus/prime for Maximus) from either of those Thai makers and also exotic woods in the butt splicing. Not that Powerglide isn't also good, but you definitely get more for your money in general from the Thai makers.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally Posted by Mark187187 View Post

            I just found the workmanship to be much neater with the Mastercue and Maximus I have/have had compared to the Powerglide and Peradon cues I've had for similar money. Also for the price of a Powerglide Prestige (?300-350), you would be getting a higher tier shaft (a legend plus/prime for Maximus) from either of those Thai makers and also exotic woods in the butt splicing. Not that Powerglide isn't also good, but you definitely get more for your money in general from the Thai makers.
            Cheers for that. I'll bear it in mind

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally Posted by mikee View Post
              The most expensive cue in the world is no good if it doesn’t suit you or feel right ,pick the one that’s right and feels good whether it’s 100 quid or 2 grand .Stephen Hendry did ok with a power glide
              Very true. The issue is getting to handle snooker cues here. Lack of physical stores and range

              Comment


              • #8
                Just to add to the comments above, Tyrone cues are local to you I think. You could try them too.
                Last edited by fkhan; 23 June 2021, 12:38 AM.
                Can't wait for this pandemic to end so we all can start playing again.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally Posted by fkhan View Post
                  Just to add to the comments above, Tyrone cues are local to you I think. You could try them too.
                  I'm in Australia, looks like Tyrone cues are UK made. Don't see any for sale here

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally Posted by Philmck View Post

                    I'm in Australia, looks like Tyrone cues are UK made. Don't see any for sale here
                    Whereabouts in Australia are you? I have a VR Ultimate that I am putting up for sale.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally Posted by Philmck View Post

                      I'm in Australia, looks like Tyrone cues are UK made. Don't see any for sale here
                      Sorry, They are Irish.
                      Can't wait for this pandemic to end so we all can start playing again.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally Posted by Bulkie View Post

                        Whereabouts in Australia are you? I have a VR Ultimate that I am putting up for sale.
                        I am in Sydney

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally Posted by Philmck View Post

                          I am in Sydney
                          Powerglide does not really exist any more - contact Michael Sharp if you are in Australia.
                          https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X