Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the difference between Thailand made and English made cues?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll just crack on making tons with my £160 James Butters cue

In all seriousness though Thai cues are probably on par with English made cues, you're paying for the name.
    "just tap it in":snooker:

Comment

There's no general difference. Any cue differs from any other cue, but that's totally independent from where it was made.

Generalization is for lazy thinkers.
      "That pocket moved!"

Comment

Originally Posted by tomwalker147 View Post
        I'll just crack on making tons with my £160 James Butters cue

In all seriousness though Thai cues are probably on par with English made cues, you're paying for the name.
        Alright show off!

Everybody knows the more you spend on your cue the more your handicap mark will drop!… right??
        Last edited by Danger Steve; 18 November 2021, 12:11 PM.

Comment

Dave’s ordered me a new cue from Thailand,same specs as my old hand made one ,nothing fancy or really expensive ,same weight ,balance , length etc ,thought I. Better have a spare .Should be here any time .

Comment

Originally Posted by Danger Steve View Post

Alright show off!

Everybody knows the more you spend on your cue the more your handicap mark will drop!… right??
            hahaha i'm just happy after a good session last night
            I know plenty of people with John Parris cues who can't make 50.
            I think a cue either suits a person or it doesn't, I was chuffed with my cue though, needed a cue quickly when my old cue broke a week before a semi final, I was referred to James Butters Facebook page and ordered a cue with my sort of specs and it came next day. Couldn't fault it at all.

Comment

Originally Posted by mikee View Post
              Dave’s ordered me a new cue from Thailand,same specs as my old hand made one ,nothing fancy or really expensive ,same weight ,balance , length etc ,thought I. Better have a spare .Should be here any time .
              I remember Chris Wakelin ordering two cues that were either Ton Praram or Maximus, had them both ordered to the same specs, looked beautiful.

Comment

I like Maximus. You get a lot of cue for your money. The better known english cue makers would probably charge 30-50% more at least for a very similar cue. My Maximus was under £300, and the craftsmanship is spot on.

Comment

hahaha i'm just happy after a good session last night
                  I know plenty of people with John Parris cues who can't make 50.
                  I think a cue either suits a person or it doesn't, I was chuffed with my cue though, needed a cue quickly when my old cue broke a week before a semi final, I was referred to James Butters Facebook page and ordered a cue with my sort of specs and it came next day. Couldn't fault it at all.
                  I was gonna invite you round for a bit of practice this weekend to try out the new Superfine…. If your knocking in tons I won’t bother! Lol

Comment

Originally Posted by cueman View Post
                    Grabs popcorn, is this new trailer for thaigate 2?
                    Love it.

I spent early a whole weekend on the original Thaigate thread there were so many arguments.

What I loved was that apparently nobody was doing anything wrong and they all left the forum battening down the hatches.
                    Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
                    Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
                    Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Originally Posted by Mark187187 View Post
                      I like Maximus. You get a lot of cue for your money. The better known english cue makers would probably charge 30-50% more at least for a very similar cue. My Maximus was under £300, and the craftsmanship is spot on.
                      Yep, I’m another Maximus user.
                      I took it into Robert Osbourne to get some alts done and he praised it as well.

Comment

Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post

Love it.

I spent early a whole weekend on the original Thaigate thread there were so many arguments.

What I loved was that apparently nobody was doing anything wrong and they all left the forum battening down the hatches.

Absolutely spot on Marc ..........that's the way i remember it .

They didn't mind peddling their cues on here beforehand though !
                        Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by Danger Steve View Post

I was gonna invite you round for a bit of practice this weekend to try out the new Superfine…. If your knocking in tons I won’t bother! Lol
                          Don't worry i'm no Stuart Watson Could do one evening next week if you fancy mate, any night except for Thursday

Comment

Don't worry i'm no Stuart Watson Could do one evening next week if you fancy mate, any night except for Thursday
                            I’m up for that mate, whenever you fancy it is fine.

Comment

I remember Chris Wakelin ordering two cues that were either Ton Praram or Maximus, had them both ordered to the same specs, looked beautiful.
                              That’s good to know ,I don’t really change cues ,only had 3 ,so if it’s a good reserve great ,if it’s better then the original I’ll use it .I’ve always blamed myself for being bad and not the cue .but it will be nice to try a new stick

Comment

Originally Posted by mikee View Post

That’s good to know ,I don’t really change cues ,only had 3 ,so if it’s a good reserve great ,if it’s better then the original I’ll use it .I’ve always blamed myself for being bad and not the cue .but it will be nice to try a new stick
                                I play a lad on the disability tour, he has 3 cues that he swaps between! He has a custom triple cue case to cart them around.

Comment

Working...
                                X