Straightening a shaft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Straightening a shaft

Hi there, I’ve just bought a power glide connoisseur which has a slight wobble in the shaft. It looks slightly out when you look down the cue, and it lifts a little at the tip when rolled on a flat surface. It’s not massive and I might just play with it as is. But can this be fixed?

cheers, jim

It’ll be fine as it is ,Stephen Hendry won 7 word titles and most of his other titles with his Rex Williams ,and that wasn’t straight either .A good cue maker can straighten a cue out if needed .

Comment

Yes fair point!

Comment

If Hendry reads this thread, you can probably expect a decent offer on the cue... 😉
        ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

I do wonder sometimes why he didn’t try to get a replacement on eBay when his cue was broken at the airport...

Comment

I have an exact replica Rex Williams power glide Dave Coutts even fitted the two inch extension on the back of the cue with name plate as well .Had it years now ,not the greatest cue to be honest . I might put some pictures up later .
            Last edited by mikee; 5 December 2022, 07:08 AM.

Comment

Originally Posted by Jim Magee View Post
              Hi there, I’ve just bought a power glide connoisseur which has a slight wobble in the shaft. It looks slightly out when you look down the cue, and it lifts a little at the tip when rolled on a flat surface. It’s not massive and I might just play with it as is. But can this be fixed?

cheers, jim
              Where are you and on whole it's not a big problem to straighten most cues.
              I'm in London if you want it straightened..
              For that one you've always wanted...
              https://www.facebook.com/ninjacues/

Comment

Originally Posted by Ninja.cues View Post
                Where are you and on whole it's not a big problem to straighten most cues.
                I'm in London if you want it straightened..
                We’ve chatted on Facebook, I was wondering about whether anything could be done about the varnish....

Comment

Originally Posted by Jim Magee View Post

We’ve chatted on Facebook, I was wondering about whether anything could be done about the varnish....
                  Hi Jim,

Has a few enquiries at the mo and remember me if which cue and normally can do something or might have to refinish it..
                  For that one you've always wanted...
                  https://www.facebook.com/ninjacues/

Comment

Ninja.cues, sent you a message about shaft straightening.... cheers, jim

Comment

Working...
                    X