Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Homemade Cue Joint

Hello,

I've made a two-piece cue using a nut and bolt as a joint. It turned out alright, so
    I've posted some videos showing how I did it, if anyone is interested.

This might be of interest to hobbyists like myself, who are interested in making a
    single cue for personal use, but only have a simple work bench and modest selection
    of tools. You don't need any power tools to do this.

I still have a bit more work to do on it, but it seems to play fine.

Cheers,

Dan

https://youtu.be/8fbC4KPRUws

Some nice skills there mate and an abundance of patience! At first I was thinking why bother going to that effort but watching the whole video I grew to appreciate what you are doing here, its obviously a labour of love and relaxation therapy for you. They reckon Jesus was a carpenter, he was quite a patient guy too by all accounts.
    ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
      Some nice skills there mate and an abundance of patience! At first I was thinking why bother going to that effort but watching the whole video I grew to appreciate what you are doing here, its obviously a labour of love and relaxation therapy for you. They reckon Jesus was a carpenter, he was quite a patient guy too by all accounts.
      Thanks man. It's been an enjoyable project. I just do an hour or two here and there when I have time. And you're right about it being relaxing. Working slowly with hand tools can be therapeutic.

Comment

I completed my cue, if anyone is interested. It turned out okay.
        To skip the work and just see the finished cue, you can fast-forward to the 9:43 mark,
        and to see it being used, skip to the 10:46 mark.

Cheers,

Dan

https://youtu.be/nc0ypogM44E
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 2 photos.
        Last edited by Daniel Marc Brooks; 20 January 2023, 12:04 AM.

Comment

The left versus right bit at the end was brilliant, I can't make a one break with my wrong hand, I'm like a pig with a gripe.
          Well done on the whole project, is there a video of you making the actual cue, or was it a one piece you altered.
          This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
          https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
            The left versus right bit at the end was brilliant, I can't make a one break with my wrong hand, I'm like a pig with a gripe.
            Well done on the whole project, is there a video of you making the actual cue, or was it a one piece you altered.
            Thanks man. Appreciate the compliment. Learning to play with your opposite hand happens when you don't know anyone else who plays (lol).

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
              Sorry, missed your question. The first half of the cue is covered in this video: https://youtu.be/puweGwBAGpE
              Even though it's a different cue, the video footage up until the points are being laid in is actually the two-piece cue shown in this latest video. I lost the
              footage for the first half of the one-piece cue I made, so I had to make another identical to it (up to that point) so I'd have footage for the video. I then
              had a half-completed cue on the floor of my basement for about nine months. I finally decided to complete it by making it into a two piece.

Comment

Originally Posted by Daniel Marc Brooks View Post

Thanks man. Appreciate the compliment. Learning to play with your opposite hand happens when you don't know anyone else who plays (lol).
                I remember watching you make the first cue and having to drive 2 hours to a club with a snooker table! It's sad the game of snooker isn't that popular in Canada now. With social media being what it is today I guess that's probably the best way to find like minded souls who still love and play the game.
                ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post

I remember watching you make the first cue and having to drive 2 hours to a club with a snooker table! It's sad the game of snooker isn't that popular in Canada now. With social media being what it is today I guess that's probably the best way to find like minded souls who still love and play the game.
                  Yes, I was shocked when I returned here from Japan and realized that all the billiard halls I knew from my youth were gone. It's nice that this forum exists though Cheers.

Comment

Working...
                  X