Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bent shaft, oo er

Evening all,

so I think I've bought a bit of a lemon. It's a cue craft Zeus, paid £85 for it with short and long extension, hard case signed by Steve Davis, so money wise not too bad.

problem I'm having is a bend in the shaft or a warp for want of a better word.

if I roll the cue on the table, at the highest point of the warp I reckon I have a 1cm gap.

so my question is, what's acceptable? When will a tainted cue start impacting the consistency of your game?

In all honesty, it doesn't weigh enough, I'm heavy handed and this thing just doesn't feel good to me. I'm on the hunt for something new but for the minute it's what I've got.

hoping I can make it work, I may potentially get told its too bent, in which case I go cue hunting .

cheers

It's too bent. Was it advertised as being warped? If not, send it back.

Comment

Find a credible/recommended cue doctor or maker who will probably be able to reduce that for you.
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by Mark187187 View Post
        It's too bent. Was it advertised as being warped? If not, send it back.
        It wasn't, self confessed noob here. No try before you buy and it was a Facebook purchase. Lesson learned

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
          Find a credible/recommended cue doctor or maker who will probably be able to reduce that for you.
          If I'm honest, it's not comfortable, I think it's time to look for something that is. I need to hold before I lay down money next time.

Comment

Originally Posted by WaynieD View Post

If I'm honest, it's not comfortable, I think it's time to look for something that is. I need to hold before I lay down money next time.
            Or just buy one off the Cash Converters website within an hour as per your other post

Comment

Or just buy one off the Cash Converters website within an hour as per your other post
              Patience is a virtue I don't possess! Unfortunately. However, with the CC one, at least I know I can send that back if it isn't right.

Comment

Originally Posted by WaynieD View Post

Patience is a virtue I don't possess! Unfortunately. However, with the CC one, at least I know I can send that back if it isn't right.
                It's your money. With that kind of money you wouldn't have been short on choice was all I was thinking. Hope it turns out okay for you.

Comment

It's your money. With that kind of money you wouldn't have been short on choice was all I was thinking. Hope it turns out okay for you.
                  Cheers buddy, i'll learn my lesson one day. I can pretty much guarantee that it won't be the last time I lay out for a cue, I got balls deep into everything I take up, from what I see, some of these cues can be considered investments for want of a better word so i'll be keeping my eyes peeled.

Appreciate the input and feedback a lot

Comment

Working...
                  X