No announcement yet.

New cue from Green Baize or Woods Cues?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New cue from Green Baize or Woods Cues?

Hey guys,

I'm a hobby player and I want buy a second, harder cue (19+ oz) but I don't know from whom.

Maximum price £135.00.

Woods Cues
    36 cues possible
    Made in china, cheap (cue+case+extension), looks good in pictures.
    But I read some negative criticism

Green Baize
    7 cues possible
    Made in UK? £135.00 only the cue.

I living in Hungary, there is not much choice here.

Grand cues are good cues at that price, so are Dunns cues, although I've not seen them for a while. Both are Chinese cues but if you get a decent one, which is luck of the draw buying over the Internet even with high end cues, they play pretty well.
    Woods cues are the same, get a good one and you have a bargain.
    The Green baize cues aren't made in the UK, probably China or Thailand.
    This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
    https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

I understand.
      In this price category only China of Thailand.
      I order one from Woods Cues, maybe I give it friday.
      I will write a report about it.

Comment

Received the cue today.
        Looks nice, no damage or paint error.

Tip: 9,5 mm in description same
        Weight: 19,85 oz in description 19,8
        Lenght: 576164 inch in description 57 inch

Unfortunately, it doesn't fit the tele extension in my Peradon Clubman case

Testing in weekend
        Screenshot 2023-09-17 at 18-53-57 3_4 handmade ash snooker _ pool cue # 1902.png

Comment

It might need a new tip, a lot come with plastic travel tips on them.

Comment

It's leather tip, not plastic.
            OFC I change it next week.

Comment

Review after two months of use.

Relatively inexpensive price, could also be acceptable quality.

The case is of good quality, comfortably accommodating the cue and extensions.
              The weight and dimensions of the cue match the parameters provided on the website.
              The shaft was coated with some adhesive oil layer, which needed sanding and re-oiling.
              The shaft slightly curves upwards, but it doesn’t affect the direction of the strike.
              The butt also needed sanding as it wasn’t smooth. It was assembled from multiple layers, the adhesive wasn’t perfect, and there were cracks between the layers which I filled with instant glue.

However, what causes concern is that after two months of use, a crack appeared on the upper thin layer of wood at the end of the butt, from the threaded metal joints towards the brand mark.
              The cue wasn’t exposed to moisture, I didn’t hit the ground or table with it, just used it regularly. I hope it won’t crack any further."

IMG20231203210751.jpg

Attached Files

Comment

Put some normal super glue (not gel) in the fridge over night and carefully apply to the crack next day. It's should draw into the crack, wipe any excess away carefully and allow to dry before lightly sanding with 600 grit paper. Then add some oil, or wax and shine. Should hold together strongly and stop the crack becoming worse.
                ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
                  Put some normal super glue (not gel) in the fridge over night and carefully apply to the crack next day. It's should draw into the crack, wipe any excess away carefully and allow to dry before lightly sanding with 600 grit paper. Then add some oil, or wax and shine. Should hold together strongly and stop the crack becoming worse.
                  Should I sprinkle it with carpenter's clamp or is it enough if the glue just flows in?

Comment

Originally Posted by Met75 View Post

Should I sprinkle it with carpenter's clamp or is it enough if the glue just flows in?
                    No clamp needed, the cold temperature makes the glue thinner and it should draw into the crack. It's not an "invisible" fix but it should save further damage.
                    ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Thank you, try it.

Comment

I did it. Holding the butt vertically, I applied the glue from the end. I watched as it smoothly flowed along the crack. Hopefully, it'll hold for a while.
                        IMG20231217151205.jpg
                        IMG20231217151150.jpg

Comment

Great job.

Comment

Originally Posted by Met75 View Post
                            I did it. Holding the butt vertically, I applied the glue from the end. I watched as it smoothly flowed along the crack. Hopefully, it'll hold for a while.
                            IMG20231217151205.jpg
                            IMG20231217151150.jpg
                            That's nice. You are pretty natural at this. From what I have learned from my college class, glue bonds are stronger than the wood itself, so no need to worry there.

Comment

Working...
                            X