My first time retipping my old cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first time retipping my old cue

Had a go a retipping my old cue and I think its turned out really well to be honest. Very please with the results. After these pics I shaped the tip a bit more. Might still have a bit too much depth but will go with it for the time being.

Tried a cuesoul laminate 10mm tip from amazon. A certain youtuber seems to like them so thought why not?

Will try it this week hopefully and if I like Ill try on my main GBL cue, which reminds me I need to post pics of that as it a new purchase.

Anyway pics....

Very nicely done
    Shape looks good.
    Maybe a tad thick for some (not me ) still but that is better than too thin, as you can not add leather back on

Let us know how it plays for you.
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Looks very good that !!

Comment

What did you pay for thay tip ? I recently bought a century tip and first week of playing couldnt really adjust cause i was shaping and sanding doing a little each session but working like a treat right now holding chalk amazing

Comment

Thanks guys.

Got it here £16.99 for 6 -
          https://amzn.eu/d/f2OidyP

First time trying a laminated/layered tip from what I know. Will report back.

Comment

They trim well, but very nice job! thanks for the pics. 👍
            ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Update:

Took both cues to have a game and tried it side by side with my GBL. Noticed it wasnt as reactive as my GBL when playing screw shots but put it down to the GBL being a better cue. Still, played it for a bit and seemed ok. Decided to try the cuesoul tip on my GBL.

Played again today and came to the same conclusion, not as reactive. I think the GBL had a ASIA tip according to Stu at green baize which seemed decent enough but probably not quite hard enough for me.

So....ordered a ADR147 MJW laminated tip. Heard good things so looking forward to trying it. It was a toss up between that and a century G4 or G5.

Comment

Originally Posted by Dan_x View Post
                Update:

Took both cues to have a game and tried it side by side with my GBL. Noticed it wasnt as reactive as my GBL when playing screw shots but put it down to the GBL being a better cue. Still, played it for a bit and seemed ok. Decided to try the cuesoul tip on my GBL.

Played again today and came to the same conclusion, not as reactive. I think the GBL had a ASIA tip according to Stu at green baize which seemed decent enough but probably not quite hard enough for me.

So....ordered a ADR147 MJW laminated tip. Heard good things so looking forward to trying it. It was a toss up between that and a century G4 or G5.

G4/G5 , wow im currently playing with a g3 and to be honest i dont know im abit 50/50 cant really get screw with it but thats me hence why i was suprised at g4/g5

Comment

Originally Posted by Dan_x View Post
                  Update:

That will play a bit harder as it beds in and compresses down, I wouldn't give up on it yet, the Asia tips are the same.
                  This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                  https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Working...
                  X