Peradon Merit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peradon Merit

Just bought a brand new Peradon Merit one piece cue for customising, cheap at £60, single rosewood splice one piece ash, 58 inches long, 17.8 oz's, dead straight, balanced at 17 inches which is a bit butt heavy for me but par for the course with cheap cues.
    It's got a lovely golden brown stain that makes it look antique, straight grained ash, and to be honest I don't think I should touch it and anyone looking for a cheap one piece can't really go wrong with this cue, that's if all of them are this well made.
    I'm going to offer it to a mate who's current cue is well bent and looking for another one.

http://
    Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
    but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

What are you planning to do to it?

edit - soz, oops, actually read the words you wrote
    Last edited by DeanH; 26 February 2024, 03:39 PM.
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
      What are you planning to do to it?

edit - soz, oops, actually read the words you wrote
      I was planning to dye it black and fit a white beech four splice butt to it to make a 'negative' looking cue as I've been contacted by a few people about the black ash cue I made before.
      Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
      but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

There are a couple of these in the snooker shop Manchester! Great looking shafts and will customise well. If you're interested VMax, give Bruce a call

PS
        This is what I e done. I picked up a rare, very very very old one piece cue and it's now in the good hands of Tony Glover.

I'll post pictures when she is complete.
        IMO this is the best way to go about having a custom cue made...
        "I got injected with the passion for snooker" - SQ_FLYER
        National Snooker Expo
        25-27 October 2019
        http://nationalsnookerexpo.com

Comment

Thanks for posting this VMax, I have wondered about these as i've seen them on ebay and they look ok for a no-nonsense cue. I think I might have given one a try if I hadn't bid on a JD 600 break cue on ebay (it's a bit tatty and there doesn't appear to be much other interest!) - I suppose it might scrub up ok!

How does the Merit play? If you haven't tried it yourself, I'd appreciate it if you could let us know what your mate thinks of it 0 if he wants it.

I remember that black ash cue that you customised. It looked fantastic, but I think it might have been a little short for me. I did think it would be great for Halloween though - you know, dress up as Dracula and see how many people get why you've brought a cue along.

Comment

Nice looking shaft and colouring! I've got a couple of nice Peradon cues but have seen some that looked and felt awful so obviously mixed quality output.

Comment

Originally Posted by trying View Post
              Nice looking shaft and colouring! I've got a couple of nice Peradon cues but have seen some that looked and felt awful so obviously mixed quality output.
              Mass produced cue makers go through an enormous amount of timber so they're bound to get some good shafts as well as poor ones, looks like this is a good one, probably a crap tip though.

Comment

So I'ved dyed it black and added an ash butt, 3/4 split it and made a zebrano and ebony mini butt

http://

Comment

Working...
                X