Slim butts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slim butts

Anyone know of cues 'ready made' with slim butt's? Looked through many makers and shops, with cues coming standard 29-30mm.

I've got two older cues (now dead cuecraft marksman and a battered Lewis wilson), both with standard slim butt's 27.6mm and 28mm.

Options seem to be buy a cue and have it slimmed down, or have a custom made.

Any thoughts or advice welcome

I have a few cues made in Ash or Maple with hand finished slim butts.

Comment

Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
      I have a few cues made in Ash or Maple with hand finished slim butts.
      With 28mm BD? For sale? What makes and weights? Many thanks

Comment

I like big butts and I cannot lie.

Comment

Originally Posted by mikeyd100 View Post
          ...hovering over the ban button....
          1st warning....

Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post

...hovering over the ban button....
            1st warning....

You're joking aren't you ???? .......... That's a song, I'm just having a laugh. Or is that frowned upon now on this forum ??

Comment

You're joking aren't you ???? .......... That's a song, I'm just having a laugh. Or is that frowned upon now on this forum ??
              of course I am joking - hence the wink and grin
              I was having laugh as well

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post

of course I am joking - hence the wink and grin
                I was having laugh as well
                Ohh shoot, didn't suss. I'm browsing at work so a bit distracted. Don't tell the boss :P

Comment

Ohh shoot, didn't suss. I'm browsing at work so a bit distracted. Don't tell the boss :P
                  LOL
                  no worries

Comment

What a Twerk....
                    ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post

What a Twerk....
                      No comment .....

Comment

I'm sure the Master Cue butt taper was slim. One of the best feels and I think a lot of manufacturers followed suit. I could be wrong
                        "I got injected with the passion for snooker" - SQ_FLYER
                        National Snooker Expo
                        25-27 October 2019
                        http://nationalsnookerexpo.com

Comment

Cues that are ready-made without an order address the average number of players. In order for them to be sold, the cues must have the specifications that are most popular. 30 mm butt diameter is probably the most common size. Very small sizes are therefore only available to order. I myself have cues in my collection with 27-30 mm butt diameter. I prefer 28-29mm as my hands are smaller than average. Such cues feel tailor-made. I generally find 27 mm a bit more problematic because the hand has to grip more tightly (more pronounced palmar flexion of the fingers), which means there is a risk that the tension in the muscles can be increased. This should rather be avoided.

Comment

Originally Posted by OscarTheFish(pak) View Post
                            Cues that are ready-made without an order address the average number of players. In order for them to be sold, the cues must have the specifications that are most popular. 30 mm butt diameter is probably the most common size. Very small sizes are therefore only available to order. I myself have cues in my collection with 27-30 mm butt diameter. I prefer 28-29mm as my hands are smaller than average. Such cues feel tailor-made. I generally find 27 mm a bit more problematic because the hand has to grip more tightly (more pronounced palmar flexion of the fingers), which means there is a risk that the tension in the muscles can be increased. This should rather be avoided.
                            yes obviously it's based on the average market but I Don have small hands, yet cues with 29-30mm butt diameters feel like broom handles.

You would think numbers of noj custom cues would be made to cater for variation within the market?.

Comment

Modifying the cue butt and making it smaller is no problem for a cuemaker. However, if 29-30 mm seems too big for your own taste, then I would perhaps actually turn down a (short) broom handle to the appropriate size and see how it fits. Then you can test diameters down to 26 mm.
                              Thinner butts solve some problems, but on the other hand they also create new ones. It must also be noted that the grip area of ​​the cue is not cylindrical, but also has a taper. Perhaps other characteristics such as the cue weight are also crucial.

Comment

Working...
                              X