Is Mike Wooldridge still making cues?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Mike Wooldridge still making cues?

Mike Wooldridge requires full down payment so I think it's reasonable to check if Mike is still in the business before paying £1k+. I sent a message through the website and emails to info@handmadecues.com and handmadecues@gmail.com. It's been 2 weeks while there's still no response.

Is Mike still making cues or just slow in replying inquiries?

Thanks!

I think he is. I have an open order with him. But he is always busy and slow to respond. Try sending a few more or leave a comment on facebook. If he has time I am sure he will respond

Comment

Update: Reply received (after about 4 weeks since the first contact message sent). Mike still in the business confirmed. VCM is to reborn soon.Ordered a Black Legend, 2 extensions, Q-gel, 10 fiber pads and some tips as my MW starter pack.

Thanks, jdnzzf! BTW would you mind sharing your waiting time?

Comment

Please do let us all know, what the quality is like and how it plays 🙏
        ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by frieren View Post
          Update: Reply received (after about 4 weeks since the first contact message sent). Mike still in the business confirmed. VCM is to reborn soon.Ordered a Black Legend, 2 extensions, Q-gel, 10 fiber pads and some tips as my MW starter pack.

Thanks, jdnzzf! BTW would you mind sharing your waiting time?
          Sure thing, order placed Dec 21, 2023. At the time of ordering, the product page listed the waiting time to be 16+ weeks(same as now).

Comment

Originally Posted by jdnzzf View Post

Sure thing, order placed Dec 21, 2023. At the time of ordering, the product page listed the waiting time to be 16+ weeks(same as now).
            Much obliged! Thanks for the sharing! Wish I can receive my cue in 2024😥 I opted for personalized name disc but forgot leaving the info in the comment during checkout. I wrote Mike another email and hoped he may see it…

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
              Please do let us all know, what the quality is like and how it plays 🙏
              Definitely! I have ordered 1 MW, 2 JP Ultimates (one 16’’ 3/4 and one 1pc, my time capsule😫), and one quite special - Go Customs snooker cue, the model Anthony McGill probably played with during 2023 International Championship. All speced 9.5mm tip diameter, 19 oz and 58’’. I googled and failed to find another carbon cue maker offering shafts/cues with tip diameter < 10mm.

I’m badly curious if the mythic art of cue making exists in playablity. I do agree cue making is a know-how job. But I also believe that the formula of decent playability exists as well. I.e. low deflection requires low tip & ferrule mass, plus stiffness of the shaft. This is an example of deciphered cue mysteries in my POV. The good feeling/ playability is not quite repeatable even from the prestigious cue makers, as they always post such saying in their FAQ pages. It rendered a little bit hostile to me when I was ordering cues costing 4-digit in money and months/years in time. A lottery costs 4-digit pounds and months of time is not acceptable at all. I’m just not a fan of uncertainty. If carbon cues are good, I’ll just stick to them after sufficient amount of comparisons done. Rifles vs. longbows🧐

Comment

Definitely! I have ordered 1 MW, 2 JP Ultimates (one 16’’ 3/4 and one 1pc, my time capsule😫), and one quite special - Go Customs snooker cue, the model Anthony McGill probably played with during 2023 International Championship. All speced 9.5mm tip diameter, 19 oz and 58’’. I googled and failed to find another carbon cue maker offering shafts/cues with tip diameter < 10mm.

I’m badly curious if the mythic art of cue making exists in playablity. I do agree cue making is a know-how job. But I also believe that the formula of decent playability exists as well. I.e. low deflection requires low tip & ferrule mass, plus stiffness of the shaft. This is an example of deciphered cue mysteries in my POV. The good feeling/ playability is not quite repeatable even from the prestigious cue makers, as they always post such saying in their FAQ pages. It rendered a little bit hostile to me when I was ordering cues costing 4-digit in money and months/years in time. A lottery costs 4-digit pounds and months of time is not acceptable at all. I’m just not a fan of uncertainty. If carbon cues are good, I’ll just stick to them after sufficient amount of comparisons done. Rifles vs. longbows🧐
                Very interested in the comparison between carbon and traditional ash! Is there a lead time on the go custom cue?

Comment

Very interested in the comparison between carbon and traditional ash! Is there a lead time on the go custom cue?
                  https://go-customs.com/information/

"We at GO Customs will always do their best to finish their shafts within 2-3 days and cues within 2 months."

Order was placed on 30th, April. I ordered a full cue. 29’’ 1/2 shaft is no way compatible with most butts (3/4) of snooker cues. One thing worths noting is the joint type of Go Customs extensions: Bullet. Besides the Go Customs extensions are full carbon in fixed lengths (10cm, 20cm, 30cm &40cm). In this playback (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5zj7hh9LYU, 28:35) the extensions looked conventional while quite different from the Go Customs carbon extensions. Puzzles in joint type and extension model, More research needed. 🧐

Comment

https://go-customs.com/information/

"We at GO Customs will always do their best to finish their shafts within 2-3 days and cues within 2 months."

Order was placed on 30th, April. I ordered a full cue. 29’’ 1/2 shaft is no way compatible with most butts (3/4) of snooker cues. One thing worths noting is the joint type of Go Customs extensions: Bullet. Besides the Go Customs extensions are full carbon in fixed lengths (10cm, 20cm, 30cm &40cm). In this playback (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5zj7hh9LYU, 28:35) the extensions looked conventional while quite different from the Go Customs carbon extensions. Puzzles in joint type and extension model, More research needed. 🧐
                    Upon looking at the video. The extensions he used at 28:35 were the ones provided at the tournament that would go over ANY cue. Not one made specifically for go customs cues. I would assume the reason for this is that go custom does not make extensions that long(almost full table length wise)

Comment

Definitely! I have ordered 1 MW, 2 JP Ultimates (one 16’’ 3/4 and one 1pc, my time capsule😫), and one quite special - Go Customs snooker cue,
                      Out of curiosity, when did you order the JP's?

Comment

Upon looking at the video. The extensions he used at 28:35 were the ones provided at the tournament that would go over ANY cue. Not one made specifically for go customs cues. I would assume the reason for this is that go custom does not make extensions that long(almost full table length wise)
                        I’ll check the joint. Just 5 more weeks to wait Ahh

Comment

Originally Posted by Delphi View Post
                          Out of curiosity, when did you order the JP's?
                          Around April, 20th. Literally time capsules

Comment

Working...
                          X