Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help on chinese cues!!

Hi,
    im looking for a decent, new snooker cue....
    there are some on flea bay that i really like the look of.....but firstly they say they are hand spliced from canada, when they clearly come from china!!
    anyhow this is the one i like

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MEWA:IT&ih=014

i emailed them and they said i could have the cue and case for just £55
    is it worth the money and will the cue be better than a good club cue??
    TIA
    Gazza!!!

Wow! Did you read the little blurb about the cue designer's inspiration?

the inspiration of designing this cue is from female breast, you can get this from the gentle pink and the milk white color

One famous Panamanian writer has ever wrote:" I want to be the breast in the future life, men love it, and the women do!" We all hope that the owner will appreciate our special design and will let him think of the original trust from the breast when he was a baby, when he plays the snooker, he will be more peaceful and calm

I see the English language get murdered everyday when it's used for advertising here in Japan but this ... is simply bizzare...
    Tear up that manure-fed astroturf!

Comment

unbelieveable tactics....im guessing the cue is as bad as the advertising?!?!?

Comment

Originally Posted by eaoin11 View Post
        Wow! Did you read the little blurb about the cue designer's inspiration?

the inspiration of designing this cue is from female breast, you can get this from the gentle pink and the milk white color

One famous Panamanian writer has ever wrote:" I want to be the breast in the future life, men love it, and the women do!" We all hope that the owner will appreciate our special design and will let him think of the original trust from the breast when he was a baby, when he plays the snooker, he will be more peaceful and calm

I see the English language get murdered everyday when it's used for advertising here in Japan but this ... is simply bizzare...

best advertising blurb for a cue EVER!

Comment

okay,
          im guessing this is a crap cue.....but are they any better than the £25-£30 ones you get in Argos, JJB etc
          I just want a half decent cue that is my own and not an average club cue.....

please HELP!

Comment

"The lock will be smooth and easier if you rub some butter on it, this method can also protect your lock from being rusty."

This "fact" is also very impressive... It is new to me that brass will rust.
            And butter as lubricant?
            Will make the lock smelly, not rusty...
            I am confused... Oh wait... Maybe I'm not...

Comment

Chineese cues

try snooker loopy on ebay his pro cues are probably the best of all the chineese imports! they normally go for around 30-40 quid imo you wont get a better cue for the price!

Comment

I've got one of those "pro cues" lying around the house. was my missis' old cue. plays ok, but i had to strip off all the varnish on it and finish it properly.

wouldnt say it was all that well made though, as theres obvious filler around the name plate. splicing isnt too horrible though. i suppose for £30 though its better than a crappy one from a sports shop.

Comment

Tjay is the most hilarious advertisement i've ever read in my entire life!!!!! I've heard from a few different places actually the "butter on airlock joint" thing. Personally i wouldn't try it though, it can't be good!
                  sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

Originally Posted by RGCirencester View Post
                    Tjay is the most hilarious advertisement i've ever read in my entire life!!!!! I've heard from a few different places actually the "butter on airlock joint" thing. Personally i wouldn't try it though, it can't be good!
                    Neither would I. If really needed i would take some graphite. But for lubrication, not to prevent rust on brass
                    I am confused... Oh wait... Maybe I'm not...

Comment

Yeh the rust part is slightly stupid, but i've heard people online saying you can do it, durely oil or wd40 or something would work better if it really needed lubrication?
                      But the advretisement is legendary, i couldn't buy that cue, i wouldl augh every time i tried to hit the ball!

Comment

he he, looks like ive broke the ice with this one!!
                        is there any places anyone can recommend other than ebay then? I live in Wakefield, West yorkshire...
                        or if there are any good websites that you good people have used
                        ive got around £100 max to play with.....this would need to include a case too though!!
                        many thanx

ps maybe this would be a better cue ......:snooker:

Comment

ps
                          ideally i would like to go to a shop and try some cues out!!!

Comment

I believe craftsman is based in leeds, which isnt too far is it? It would have to be the machine spliced ones for that price however there arn't any in stock online. Maybe phone them and ask before you go what they have?
                            http://www.craftsmancues.com/acatalo...ssic_cues.html

Comment

thanks RGC...
                              yeah, kippax is just up the road from me (15 miles or so)
                              will do as you suggest and will give them a bell tomoz...
                              would rather spend £100 on a good cue than £55 on some chinese crap
                              will keep you informed on my progress
                              thanx again m8
                              Gazza!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X