Help!!!, is this worth saving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!!!, is this worth saving

Hi Guys, one of my friends owns the cue pictured, according to the badge the manufacturer is "Cue Craft-Made in England".
    I belive the cue had some age to it as my friends father obtained the cue from a house clearance, unfortunately the 3/4 joint has failed so needs a new joint to make it useable again.
    Basically i would like to know if the cue is worth repairing and if so how much will it be worth when completed and also how much roughly it'll cost to fit a new joint???

The cue has no real value, it's not an antique nor a collectable. Where are you in the UK? I think if you send the cue to Mastercraft they'll fit you a new joint for £20, or you could try Craftsman I don't think they're really expensive, but it depends where you are.
    Il n'y a pas de problemes; il n'y a que des solutions qu'on n'a pas encore trouvées.

"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put in a fruit salad." Brian O'Driscoll.

Comment

I'm up in newcastle mate , I'm gonna get back to the owner and tekll him its of no real value, i live quite close to arch fine cues and i think they will replace a joint for about £20 so i'll see what the owner has to say and let you lot know!!

Comment

Hi, I forgot to ask, can anyone identify which model of cuecraft cue this is please, also can anyone tell what kind of wood the fron splice is????
        Last edited by robsonj; 23 February 2009, 07:59 PM.

Comment

Anyone???????????

Comment

From your photos, I can't identify the wood in the front splice, but, as it's dark brown then I'd guess it's a rosewood, but which one ...

Concerning the badge, it's not from a series, eg. Royal Standard, Rapier etc as they always have the name. I've seen this badge on 2 types of Cue Craft, 1 is the bog standard, poor quality painted butt cue, the other is when it's a one-off model and there's been no request for a specific badge. Have a good look at the cue and you'll know a bit more.

I'd like to be able to help more, but that's all I know. Hope it helps!
            Il n'y a pas de problemes; il n'y a que des solutions qu'on n'a pas encore trouvées.

"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put in a fruit salad." Brian O'Driscoll.

Comment

Thanks very much for your help mate "Merci Beaucoup!!"

Comment

Il n'y a pas de quoi! ou de rien!

Comment

"no problem, you are welcome"? my french is rusty been 4 years since i did any. Bonjour, je m'appelle robert ca se'crit air oh bay eh air tay... moi j'habite a une grande maison... ok bored of reciting gcse french now... je voudrais un cue sil vous plait?
                  sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

2 ways of saying you are welcome, in fact. J'habite dans une grande maison. Je voudrais une queue s'il vous plait.

It's not too bad for GCSE French.

Comment

GCSE french + 4 years of not doing anything! Duck a l'orange sil vous plait!
                      You know what i never understand? The first thing they teach you in GCSE french is to say "do you speak english" in french... But you walk up to a french person and say "Do you speak english" and they either go "huh?" in which case they don't, or "yes" in which case they do!!!
                      sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

God, it strained my cse french just quoting what i did!!

Comment

Working...
                        X