*NEW* Mike Wooldridge 'secret' AirTwist Join

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mike...
    Flashy demo. Cool. Looks like a proper innovation!
    Can/will you retro-fit older Wooldrdge cues?

=o)

Noel

Comment

Originally Posted by noel View Post
      Mike...

=o)

Noel
      Or any other cue?
      #jeSuisByrom

Comment

Looks fantastic, great Demo as well.
        Proud winner of the 2009 Premier League Semi-Final Prediction Contest

Comment

Mike, congrats, always good to see something new and innovative.
          The bitter taste of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

Comment

phut can I say Mike? I've always phancied one of your cues and this new joint looks phutting phantastic!

I phant one!

the phuture's bright, the phuture is Mike's new phut joint ...

Comment

Nice work Mike, improves the look as well. I have never been a fan of the brass. I also feel that for a center joint the American cue makers have some of the best joints around. I much prefer phenolic type materials over metal any day. The feel is much closer to wood.
              My own cue uses the 3/8-10 flat face where most of the contact is wood on wood with the LBM ring for strength, It retains the feel very well.
              Good luck with the cues.

Comment

Originally Posted by noel View Post
                Mike...

=o)

Noel
                Originally Posted by fredkite View Post
                Or any other cue?
                nah! i'll make you all buy new ones
                The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

Originally Posted by Slasher View Post
                  Nice work Mike, improves the look as well. I have never been a fan of the brass. I also feel that for a center joint the American cue makers have some of the best joints around. I much prefer phenolic type materials over metal any day. The feel is much closer to wood.
                  My own cue uses the 3/8-10 flat face where most of the contact is wood on wood with the LBM ring for strength, It retains the feel very well.
                  Good luck with the cues.
                  hear what you're saying. i've long been a fan of wood to wood contact.
                  The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

Originally Posted by MikeWooldridge View Post
                    hear what you're saying. i've long been a fan of wood to wood contact.
                    Hence the playing with a 1 piece, eh, Mike? I'm phutting off to bed now.
                    Il n'y a pas de problemes; il n'y a que des solutions qu'on n'a pas encore trouvées.

"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put in a fruit salad." Brian O'Driscoll.

Comment

Mike,
                      I've ran your new joint demo several times and I like it. One thing not clear to me is the "one turn, it's locked". Does this mean that you can't over-tighten it, that there is a built in "stop". Also, the wood to wood contact must be equal to the brass to brass contact or the wood contact would be stressed(or compressed)? I hope you know what I mean.
                      The bitter taste of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

Comment

I just got back from vacation today and found this new thread. I quickly emailed Mike to see if the cue I ordered a couple of weeks ago will have the new AirTwist joint. I received a response back within 5 minutes confirming that it will. Now that's great customer service.

I'll post some pictures when it arrives.
                        Cheers,
                        -- Bill --

Comment

BTW... how many posts do you need to post pics?
                          Cheers,
                          -- Bill --

Comment

I think it's more than 10 posts, but it relies also on your expertise as well, IMO. I've now more than 1000 posts and have, as yet, never managed to post a pic!!! Now, if you do succeed, not only will I be delighted to look at your pics of your new cue but I will also marvel at your expertise with just a tinge of jealousy. Lol Please share if you can do it, pretty please.
                            Il n'y a pas de problemes; il n'y a que des solutions qu'on n'a pas encore trouvées.

"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put in a fruit salad." Brian O'Driscoll.

Comment

Originally Posted by Wayne G View Post
                              Mike,
                              I've ran your new joint demo several times and I like it. One thing not clear to me is the "one turn, it's locked". Does this mean that you can't over-tighten it, that there is a built in "stop". Also, the wood to wood contact must be equal to the brass to brass contact or the wood contact would be stressed(or compressed)? I hope you know what I mean.
                              yes. i know what you are trying to say. i'll try to explain, and apologise if i state the obvious in trying to clear up your questions.

first, the wood is level with brass. that's a critical design feature, and must be fitted perfectly to achieve the end result.

the result is the wood will not be compressed or stressed in any way that could weaken it or compromise the join, but will be in contact at the same time as the brass.

the brass faces give strength to stop the join being over tightened in much the same way as any join.

my join faces come together after approximately one turn. very fast, very smooth, but this is merely a convenience as opposed to making the join 'lock' different to others. it's just cool....

the real innovation is fitting the join faces inside the wood to very accurate engineered tolerances, allowing a perfect wood to wood contact around the join, bringing a nicer solid 'feel'.

the same result of improved 'feel' by adding wood to wood contact could be achieved with any type of join, but i believe combining speed with improved 'feel' makes this join superior to any other i have ever seen or used.

and of course the vacuum effect is another feature that is....well.... cool
                              The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

Originally Posted by MikeWooldridge View Post
                                yes. i use same joint throughout cue. always have done. figure it maximises your options.
                                And that makes perfect sense.
                                Beats the hell out of me why other cuemakers don't do the same.

Looks like Mike's gonna have a few more orders coming in.

Comment

Working...
                                X