Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it possible to convert 3/4 cue into 1 pcs cue

Hi,

Just some stupid thought that came to my mind.
    Is it possible for any cue maker to convert a 3/4 cue using its existing shaft and resplice into a full piece cue?

If it yes, what are the complications of it?
    Please help advise.

yes entirely possible, just the same as lengthening a cue with splices.

Comment

can any of the cuemakers on here vaildate this, also provide costing, one of my favourite cues is 3/4 and i would love it to be 1pc
      Rocket Ronnie Rules!!!

Comment

You would never have a true one piece though because the ash shaft would only extend to where the joint used to be as opposed to all teh way down the cue. It would likely turn out more like a one piece machine spliced cue playability wise. No personaly experience though. Wheres Mike.. Miiiiiiike
        sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

the joint is in the ebony though, could you not cut re-splice the cue?

although the cost would be that high you might aswel have a new cue made i suppose?
          Rocket Ronnie Rules!!!

Comment

its better to get a new one pc cue made rather than take all the trouble of getting it altered.
            RIP NOEL, A TRUE TSF LEGEND.

Comment

Most people would like to change a 3/4 to a one piece for convenience reason, why are you doing it the other way around?
              www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Originally Posted by poolqjunkie View Post
                Most people would like to change a 3/4 to a one piece for convenience reason, why are you doing it the other way around?

I guessed is that Willy have a very old good cue with nice shaft wood, but developed a problem with the splice wood. It could save the shaft wood this way.

Comment

Thks for all the wonderful information.

Yes, I have had this cue for abt 15yrs. Had it since i started playing this game more competitively...

As i had currently switched to a customed 1pcs cue from mastercue(Thailand), was wondering if i can actually turn my old cue into one.

The shaft of my old parris is relatively good incomparsion to the current shaft due to their productions.

I also had the mental preparation that the conversion will definately be a untrue 1 pcs cue.

Comment

Id do it like i did my first cue (because i didn't have a long enough piece of ash for the shaft!). I dowel jointed the shaft together with another piece of wood (didnt have any other ash so used a piece of ramin also used for cues) and planed that down and then spliced (i used quite long splices) over that. Obviously the cue is not a 'true' 1 piece, but it plays no different and 'feels' just like a 1 piece cue.

The cross-section at the joint would look something like this: (please excuse extremely crude diagram i dont have any decent graphics package in my current location!). The dark centre represents the dowel, the square (ish) the ash core and around that the dark splice wood.

Comment

Originally Posted by Qubit View Post
                      Id do it like i did my first cue (because i didn't have a long enough piece of ash for the shaft!). I dowel jointed the shaft together with another piece of wood (didnt have any other ash so used a piece of ramin also used for cues) and planed that down and then spliced (i used quite long splices) over that. Obviously the cue is not a 'true' 1 piece, but it plays no different and 'feels' just like a 1 piece cue.

The cross-section at the joint would look something like this: (please excuse extremely crude diagram i dont have any decent graphics package in my current location!). The dark centre represents the dowel, the square (ish) the ash core and around that the dark splice wood.

Which cue maker did you get to have it converted to 1 pcs?
                      I would like to contact him to have mine done.

Comment

Sorry i meant I did it myself! lol Im sure most decent cue makers would be able to do something similar though. Lots to choose from, most mentioned on here in various places.

Comment

Originally Posted by willytan View Post
                          Thks for all the wonderful information.

Yes, I have had this cue for abt 15yrs. Had it since i started playing this game more competitively...

As i had currently switched to a customed 1pcs cue from mastercue(Thailand), was wondering if i can actually turn my old cue into one.

The shaft of my old parris is relatively good incomparsion to the current shaft due to their productions.

I also had the mental preparation that the conversion will definately be a untrue 1 pcs cue.
                          Willytan - Keep the 3/4 cue as is and keep playing with the Mastercue 1-pc. It's a nice cue !! BTW, is Jurong Birds Park still exist ?
                          It's in the Shaft

Comment

Unclevit,

Yes, the birds park is still here. How can they closed down a STAR attraction??
                            So when are you coming to Singapore?

Snookered <=== don't like birds though

Comment

Originally Posted by Snookered View Post
                              Unclevit,

Yes, the birds park is still here. How can they closed down a STAR attraction??
                              So when are you coming to Singapore?

Snookered <=== don't like birds though
                              Dont' know la. Last time was last year. I went there to buy a Cervelo roadbike. Just back to snooker games. If i go there I will let you know first in case you interest to buy Mastercue/Omin exclusives. Can hand carry and get discount for you
                              It's in the Shaft

Comment

Working...
                              X