Mike Wooldridge Cues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
    can't get £250 for a legend cue? well I will give you more than that blind.
    I do not think anyone actually believed him ADR147 - but money might be tighter in Russia if that is where he is from and the postage is more so you never know.

Comment

Tell you what though - you cant beat a good battle on TSF to keep people entertained.

Comment

1. cues Mike very well played. 2. wood of the highest quality. 3. excellent balancing. 4. Tip "BlackSpin 'System is a great technology. 5. Quick connection 'F1' system - durable and lightweight (it should be) . 6. specifications cue - individual. 7. Communication with clients at the highest level. my fault had problems with customs, but Mike himself solved the problem . perhaps he curses himself , when he reads my letters broken English - but tolerantly silent about it : P

Comment

Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
          ..... Has the complaining person listed his Mike Wooldridge cues for sale on here? No - so how do we know he cant get more than 250 for a cue costing over 400.

Actually he did, see here
          http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...067#post692067
          Last edited by jrc750; 10 October 2013, 04:48 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
            well he is asking 400 there not 250! -
            https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

cue Mike bought President Vladimir . perhaps that explains the price and irritation . sorry guys, I couldn't control myself : P

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                well he is asking 400 there not 250! -
                I think he said the highest offer so far was £250, offer him £300

Comment

I think he said the highest offer so far was £250, offer him £300
                  happy to pay that.
                  https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

He says its perfect and plays superb how can you complain when you said yourself it just doesn't suit you personaly that's nothing to do with the cue maker. That's the only down turn To buying cues before you have tried them. I am in a similar place at the moment ordered a 1 piece maple cue off andy! travis and it just doesn't Suit me nothing wrong with the cue the cues superb.

Comment

People just expect to be able to get your money back nowadays if the cue doesn't suit you, and to be fair that normally is the case
                      Maybe just unlucky on this cue

Comment

I'm going to throw my opinion in on Mikes customer service. I have dealt with Mike on numerous occasions over different issues. His responses have always been honest, straight to the point and genuine. The man has always gone above and beyond to help in whatever way possible and I personally have the upmost respect for him. Simple thing is, if you ask Mike a genuine question, he will respond with a genuine answer. If you take the **** he will respond accordingly. Nothing wrong with that in my humble opinion. I asked Mike last year about upgrading the joints on my 2003 cue to the new F1 joints. He done himself out of a few quid by telling me that if they are working why spend unnecessary money? IMO , a top cue maker with customer service to match..
                        You may defeat me but I will fight you to the very end!!!!

Comment

People just expect to be able to get your money back nowadays if the cue doesn't suit you, and to be fair that normally is the case
                          Quite often mate, people even expect a profit. I can't get my head around that. I get it for vintage collecters cues, but I would never pay over the odds for what is, after all, a second hand cue.

Comment

fair enough

If I want something I do not mind paying if I can afford it - I mean they are not that dear really in comparison to say golf clubs or American pool cues actually.

I offered over the odds for a Mike Wooldridge cue about six months ago - they still would not sell it.

All depends on the spec and how it plays for me. Getting one that looks good on top of this is just a bonus. I would not mind knowing how he finishes his cues off because they - like Trevor White cues do feel and glide better through the hand better than most other brands I have tried - probably is it a trade secret.

He has probably talked about this before somewhere but I looked through the threads and am still not sure so feel free to come on the thread and explain Mike.
                            Last edited by Byrom; 11 October 2013, 10:05 PM.

Comment

Usually has nothing to do with luck . The problem of some snooker players is : they do'nt know what they want and what kind of cue ( ash ) fits in their game and cue action .
                              I can show you three different cues with exactly the same specifications . but with three different game quality and properties. For example , if you are a player with a very soft and smooth cue action and you take a cue from ash with very wide grain patron , then you have a big problem . Because this ash does not fit to your cue action and you do'nt get good results with your game . That is why the cue you play very well with , may not be the right one for me . Because Mike W or Tony Glover or eny other cue maker , can'nt know how I am playing and what kind of cue action I have. He can not see you . So, if you give cue maker the wrong information , then you should not blame the cue maker later . Believe me , if you give someone like MW the right information about what you want or ask him advice , before you buy a cue , then you get juste the cue that suits on your game . This cue makers have enough experience to make exactly what you asking for .

Comment

Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
                                fair enough

If I want something I do not mind paying if I can afford it - I mean they are not that dear really in comparison to say golf clubs or American pool cues actually.

I offered over the odds for a Mike Wooldridge cue about six months ago - they still would not sell it.

All depends on the spec and how it plays for me. Getting one that looks good on top of this is just a bonus. I would not mind knowing how he finishes his cues off because they - like Trevor White cues do feel and glide better through the hand better than most other brands I have tried - probably is it a trade secret.

He has probably talked about this before somewhere but I looked through the threads and am still not sure so feel free to come on the thread and explain Mike.

The finest grade micro-mesh is awesome for polishing up. they use it to polish aeroplane windows

Comment

Working...
                                X