stephen hendry's cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stephen hendry's cue

hey, does anyone know which cue he used before the acuerate?

im looking for his cuemaker due the late 90's and early 2000's

regards

Don't know what cue was that, but I think it cost him 40 pounds
    am I right?

Comment

powerglide conisseur

Comment

Originally Posted by hotpot View Post
        powerglide conisseur
        thank you sir

Comment

did he not have a Parris before the Accuerate?

Comment

Originally Posted by qc2 View Post
            did he not have a Parris before the Accuerate?
            No he had an accuerate before the parris

Comment

When his powerglide was broken John Parris made him three cues and he chose one of them and used it for the next few seasons before he switched to the Acuerate cue. Now he is using a new Parris cue again.

Oldgit
              'Believe To Achieve'

Comment

powerglide conisseur
                think it's the same as the cue i have on order from trevor white? four lower splices of ebony, maple and cocobolo. trevor told me its a copy of a Powerglide Connosuier

Comment

Same design just different woods . Thats a cracker Ashbash when you having her mucka .

Comment

Didn't look much like a Parris but I'm sure you'll be right. I was looking closely at his cue and felt sure I'd seen it before somewhere. I was thinking it was a Craftsman. The thing that was puzzling me was the colour of the veneers. They looked GREEN to me. Strange choice for Stephen I thought as green is the colour of Hibernian FC (Hibs). Stephen is a staunch Hearts fan (they play in maroon) and Hibs are their arch rivals! Maybe the cue just felt right and that was all he was bothered about.

Comment

Originally Posted by Matan View Post
                      Don't know what cue was that, but I think it cost him 40 pounds
                      am I right?
                      I am sure it was just a bit more at £70-80. It was a Powerglide 'Rex Williams' Connoisseur.
                      I remember looking at it in the shop in Millers Snooker Club where he bought it from in around 1984. There were only about a dozen cues for sale in there and this was about the most expensive one.
                      I think he used to cover the 'Rex Williams' name with a bit of black tape for a few years.

Comment

I m sure it was £40

Comment

I m sure it was £40
                          His dad quite possibly paid £40 for it with a discount but I remember it being around the £70-80 mark because It was too expensive for me at the time ( I was about 14 yrs old and skint) and I ended up with a two piece standard Powerglide for about £35 from the same shop in Millers.

Comment

i always thought he played with a powerglide Connoisseur original with the red name plate . i bought one in 1973 cost me £32 which was a lot of money then,like an idiot i sold mine for £100 about 12 years ago ,regretted it right away managed to buy newer version 6/7 years ago cost me £120 heres a picture of my newer Connoisseur

Comment

Theres a good picture of a replica made for Dominic Dale on Robin Cooks website.I have also heard that he paid £40 for it but maybe its a story that has just been round the houses.Frank Callan was once quoted as saying that Hendry became the worlds best player with the worlds worst cue!

Comment

Working...
                              X