dan shelton cues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dan shelton cues

hi.I have ordered a cue from Dan back at end of June and I know he is a busy man and waiting for a part for his lathe but im a bit anxious as i paid my deposit and havnt heard fromhim since.There is no rush for the cue and im happy for it to take as long as it takes but since iv havnt recieved an email back after several tries i am getting a bit worried. Has anyone bought a cue off Dan and is this just his way of doing things?

Hi mate , I don't think Dan has been on here for a bit . Think he had a personal issue and as you said the issue with his lathe .
    I had the pleasure of meeting him a few months back . He did some work on my cue for nothing . Top Bloke . Don't think he will let you down .
    Also , his cues are very good quality . Would not mind one myself but her indoors would get the scissors out .....if you know what i mean .
    Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

yeh dan is a top bloke he wont let ya down, think hes a bit snowed under at mo but am sure he will get bk to ya

Comment

thanks for that ..just a bit worried as its a lot of money i dont really have.im sure everything will be fine and im really looking forward to the new cue

Comment

Im also weaiting for my Dan cue mucka , like others have sais Dan has had a few personal issues and lathe trouble lately . I,m sure he,ll be in touch shortly .

Where in Wales r u mucka .

Comment

Have seen photos of quite a few of Dan's (totlxtc) cues and they are beautiful. I got a quote from him a while back and it was very reasonable.
            Hope you're OK Dan.

Comment

sunny cardiff!!!!lol

Comment

Been waiting for new cue off Dan for a lonnnnnggggggg time but fair play to him he's sent me his own cue to use while waiting,expecting word soon as I think hes back on track now

Comment

Hi John and all,

Really sorry I did not get back to you. Some reason I thought I replied to you last week and replied to you upon recieving a deposit, apologies if I did not.

Im working on cues as much as I can at the moment (As people who have me on Facebook will see, alot has been flying out now). I will say yours may be delayed, but may not as im catching up from a 3 month back log.

Yes there were issues, but that is not the customers fault and they should not pay the price. Im back on track and really happy with the work im producing. So bear with me...im getting there.

nlm: Your cue is due to be worked on in the next couple of weeks as it has been a very long time. And apologies for that.

Hotpot: Yours will be the following weeks after if thats ok?

Brother4 if you read this: Yours are also being worked on as you know.

Mikecrowe: As you know mate yours is being worked on this week.

Meanwhile this is some of my latest work from last few weeks:

All the best to everyone.

Dan
                  sigpic <---New Website
                  Dan Shelton Cues on Facebook

Comment

Welcome back Dan , some lovely pictures of your workmanship .
                    Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
                      Welcome back Dan , some lovely pictures of your workmanship .
                      Thank you Neil, your very kind.
                      sigpic <---New Website
                      Dan Shelton Cues on Facebook

Comment

he is too kind - now get back to work you lazy git!
                        https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Dan..........
                          Amazing work on the cue man
                          You make me too jealous

Comment

http://img841.imageshack.us/i/snc01404.jpg/

how much for something like this? Looking for a 1 piece and ash shaft. I understand there is a bit of a wait due to lathe issues so do you let people pay your cues off Dan?

Comment

Originally Posted by totlxtc View Post

Hi All,

I just received my custom order Dan Shelton maple cue yesterday.
                              It must been a much awaited surprise since there hasn't been any form of review or feedback by the new owners of Dan Shelton cue.
                              I had placed my order with Dan (totlxtc) in April and the cue is completed somewhere in late August/sept period but as i wanna save money on postage thus i ask Dan to send it together with my old JP handmade.

The cue is well wrapped and pack with protective wrap all round the plastic tube. After unwrapping the (which took me a few minutes), a beauty slowly unfold before my eyes.

The cue's review is as follows;
                              Attention to Spec - 10/10 (spot on)
                              Finish - 10/10 (first class, i will rate it in the same ranks of Trevor White)
                              Craftsmanship - 8/10 (the ebony points on the butt is of different thickness)
                              Material Used - 9.5/10 (Top of the line)
                              Feel - 9/10 (hasn't have time to test it on the table)

I will rate 9/10 on average for my custom order Dan Shelton cue.
                              The rating would have been better if the ebony points are of same thickness but lucky they are all the same height. I had a bad experience with a famous cue maker when i had one of his old cue for lengthening by adding 4 splashes of tulipwood. The 4 additional splashes came back with different thickness and height!!

I will also like to add that Dan Shelton is quick to answer all my mails and messages with quality suggestions. Plus his pricing is reasonable. The only down is that since cue making is Dan's hobby (has a day job) thus there are some delays in making the orders and delivery.

I highly recommend Dan Shelton cue to everyone.

Comment

Working...
                              X