Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

adding weight.....lead shoot and silicone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I added weight to my cue using lead tape. The tape weighs around 1.9 oz.
    You can get the tape from ebay, it is normaly used by golfers. You also have to putt insulation tape on as the lead comes of in your hands.

Comment

I rolled up a small sheet of lead, weighing 1.1 oz, inserted it in the butt and it fits a treat. I used a small nail and a hammer to tap into the roll and opened it up so that it had a snug fit.

It brings the balance point forward to 18" on the nose!! and the cue now weighs 17.1 oz. Had a few frames and it's lovely.

Hudd

Comment

Shot will work

I did this for a guy with whom I worked. He drilled the end of a solid butted pool cue but the theory is identical.

Get the finest lead shot you can find- #9 or as close as possible. I actually held it in place by mixing it with plasticine- think of trying to make concrete with the shot being the rock and the plasticine being the cement. You will have a limited space in which to work so are trying to pack in as much weight as you can. Plasticine is quite heavy in itself. Using fine shot will maximise the amount you can pack in.

I know some people do this to a gun if they have longer (and thereby heavier) barrel(s) fitted. It corrects the nose heavy balance problem.

Also plasticine is temporary- you can pick a bit out if you have over done it. You can also just do it a bit at a time until you get to where you want to be.
        王可

Comment

nice one

Hudd

Comment

Working...
          X