Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you clean your cue?

Well, the title says it all really.

I wash my hands often and when I've finished playing I take a towel with hot water and some soap and clean it and then try and get it dry as quickly as possible.

Any other tips? (pun not intended! ) Wear a glove? Use fine sandpaper?

i wipe it usin a damp towel.

i use lukewarm water on the towel

wipe downwards from the ferrule, changing the cloth around to a fresh damp bit

then dry it off by wiping the same way with a dry towel, or a dry part of the towel i use to clean it.

Comment

Just a towel

Comment

I use a Fosters Beer Mat covered with tolcan powder. Works an absolute treat!
        TSF World Champion 2010
        TSF Snooker Prediction Contest Overall Champion 2006/07
        BBC Snooker Prediction Contest Overall Champion 2005/06

Comment

Why only wipe in one direction though?

Comment

So that it cleans the top part of the cue which will be on your bridge hand first, when the towel is at its cleanest and so that the muck you get off the cue goes down the cue. If you did it the other way round, you'd get all the crap right next to your tip! Plus you'd hit your tip as you were doing it.

MW

Comment

Originally Posted by Alex0paul
              I use a Fosters Beer Mat covered with tolcan powder. Works an absolute treat!
              Never use talcum powder, if that is what you are trying to say, I've never heard of tolcan powder!!!

Seriously, talcum powder although it may feel smooth on the cue shaft is actually an abrasive substance and over time you are drying out the wood and slowly making it deteriorate. Just in the same way that chalk can eat away at the wood below the ferrule, which I've seen on many cues, talcum powder can have the same effect.

As I said it will also dry out the wood and can make it brittle. It wouldn't surprise me if your cue eventually snaps one day when playing.

Comment

I did mean talcum powder, lol.

I have only started using it recently after reading 'Ronnie' becuase he mentioned he used to use that the night before a Pro-Am.

However I may now revise my method.
                TSF World Champion 2010
                TSF Snooker Prediction Contest Overall Champion 2006/07
                BBC Snooker Prediction Contest Overall Champion 2005/06

Comment

I read that bit in Ronnie's book too, silly boy!!! I'd go along with what most have said using a slightly damp cloth and then drying it straight away. Should make your cue smooth enough.

Comment

Originally Posted by cueman
                    . Just in the same way that chalk can eat away at the wood below the ferrule, which I've seen on many cues

i said that in a post last week on here, and i think the person who i was informing thought i was having a laugh.

Comment

Originally Posted by Semih_Sayginer
                      i said that in a post last week on here, and i think the person who i was informing thought i was having a laugh.
                      Wonder why he thought that Sem

Your both spot on though.
                      Mon the Rocket

Comment

I use a slighty damp towel
                        Science is a refinement of everyday thinking -- Albert Einstein

Comment

I need to clean mine as it stands anyway.

Has anyone got any tips as to how to keep the brass underneath the tip looking clean 'n' shiny?

Comment

^Thin sandpaper

Comment

I think he means 'Fine sandpaper'

What about brass polish?
                              Science is a refinement of everyday thinking -- Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                              X