How do you clean your cue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by googlefooger
    I need to clean mine as it stands anyway.

Has anyone got any tips as to how to keep the brass underneath the tip looking clean 'n' shiny?

use the finest "wet+dry" sandpaper available, and also wear it down a little on an old bit of wood first.

rub it gently around the ferrule. best way is to clasp it around the ferrule and to spin the cue around slowly.

once youve done a few rotations, turn the sandpaper round to the back.

repeat the process using the paper side of tha sandpaper. this will buff the ferrule to a shiny finish after youve sanded the grime off it.

Comment

For a pool cue ferrule (the plastic ones), the best way to clean it is to use toohpaste.

Comment

I always use Q Smooth cue papers on my maple shaft, I have never tried them on an ash shaft though. Good thing is once you have bought them they are re-usable and can be cleaned in warm water.

I have a number of friends that use a scourer type material on their cues.
        Watch Exclusive Snooker Live & On Demand
        Freeview Snooker TV channel

Comment

That sounds like a good method, I'll try that.

Comment

warm water quickly dried off is the best - cheap n cheerful. i actually use a carling beer mat - dont like fosters!
            im dreaming of...a century:rolleyes: ..But one day...it will come.;)

Comment

I've got a great little method of cleaning your cue and it costs you nothing...think i've mentioned it on here before (or someone else has)....try using alcohol wipes. I get my supply from my local KFC (Kentucky Frid Chicken - for all the international users it's a fast food takeaway)...you'll be amazed at how smooth these make your cue - they remove any build up of dirt too and whilst you're cleaning your cue you're also cleaning your hands at the same time!

Give it a try!
              MaXimumbreak - Where Everyone's a Winner
              It's now free to join!!!
              MaXimumbreak Snooker Store

Comment

Originally Posted by maximumbreak
                I've got a great little method of cleaning your cue and it costs you nothing...think i've mentioned it on here before (or someone else has)....try using alcohol wipes. I get my supply from my local KFC (Kentucky Frid Chicken - for all the international users it's a fast food takeaway)...you'll be amazed at how smooth these make your cue - they remove any build up of dirt too and whilst you're cleaning your cue you're also cleaning your hands at the same time!

Give it a try!
                i wouldnt use them on a cue thats been sanded down

Comment

My cue is always finely sanded and using these leaves the smoothest finish possible.
                  MaXimumbreak - Where Everyone's a Winner
                  It's now free to join!!!
                  MaXimumbreak Snooker Store

Comment

Originally Posted by maximumbreak
                    My cue is always finely sanded and using these leaves the smoothest finish possible.
                    dont doubt that for a moment, but i dont think its "kind" to the wood

Comment

I don't understand what you mean by 'kind' to the wood?
                      Science is a refinement of everyday thinking -- Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally Posted by Obligation
                        I don't understand what you mean by 'kind' to the wood?
                        i couldnt give a f***

Comment

Working...
                        X