Does anyone know this cue????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone know this cue????

Hi, Ive been looking for a 3/4 cue for a while. My dad found one but I'm not too sure about it. It says on the badge Brittannia Cues England. The butt is about 15.5 inches long and the thing that I find quite strange is that the extention is actually build inside the cue. Iv'e never seen this before. About 5 inches down from the joint you can unscrew it then it extends. Looked it up as I'm writing this and found it. http://royalsnooker.com/html/snooker_cue.html
    I'm not too sure on the rules about putting in links but its really hard to explain what is does and how it does it so put than in. The guy is wanting 140 for that with a mini butt and a spare shaft. I have not see it being sold anywhere before and was just wondering how it compares to the likes of cue craft, mastercue and so on. Thanks, chris

its made or rather sold by sam leisure. its actually a chinese made cue but they are not bad. i have a couple here - i would avoid the built in extension though, theones i have seen were not great.
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

This one? I have used one of these before a few times, a bit gimmicky, but very handy, seemed to play quite well and was pretty sturdy. Brittania make some other nice looking cues. The price seems a bit steep though, I got quoted £125.00 for it from a retailer i know, if you do want one PM me and ill give you his details.

But there are some very nice cues out there for that sort of budget.

G

Comment

Its the one on the right. I was a bit suspicious as it was £140 for the cue, mini butt and an extra shaft which is good as I play pool and snooker. Found it online and it is £159 just for the cue so seemed a bit too good. Just wondering, do you have any where you would sell just the butt. Just incase something went wrong with the extention. It does not seem that sturdy to me.

Comment

Did iy comes with a mini butt as well? How long does this thing get?! I guess the retailer that quoted me might be able to get the Butt, as he would know who to contact as theres no contact details for brittania cues online.

Let me know if you want his details

Comment

buy a proper cue instead.
            https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
              and a couple of extensions!!

Comment

I know but it's hard to find a cue that comes with two shafts. I use a really small tip for pool which makes snooker alot harder. So two shafts, one with a bit tip and one with a small one would be perfect. Iv'e heard of people getting seperate shafts made for them but dont know how much that would cost or where to go to get it done.

Comment

Post a thread asking exactly that, there'll be a few people on here who can point you in the right direction

Comment

Craftsman at Kippax may be able to do two shafts and a main and minibutt for you.Their minibutts fit both the shaft ( tight pub tables ) and if you have an end socket fitted it fits that as well.They also do tele extensions that fit the same i.e. shaft and end socket adding to the cues versatility.I would order both shafts together so that taper and balance are similar from the start.Phone Dave or Simon they may be able to help.

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                      Agree with ADR here.. a cue is going to last for sometime or maybe longer than you could live.. so better invest on a good cue rather than keep changing :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by Freddie Ng View Post
                        Agree with ADR here.. a cue is going to last for sometime or maybe longer than you could live.. so better invest on a good cue rather than keep changing :snooker:
                        That is a serious advise for those who wishes to get him/herself a new cue.

Comment

Working...
                        X