Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what about changing snooker cue into pool one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what about changing snooker cue into pool one?

guys, is it possible to grab snooker cue with normal 9.5mm tip and change it for 12-13mm tip and play pool with it? some technical and construction limitations? thanks for ideas

Originally Posted by matador88 View Post
    guys, is it possible to grab snooker cue with normal 9.5mm tip and change it for 12-13mm tip and play pool with it? some technical and construction limitations? thanks for ideas
    yes you can make the tip bigger by rubbing gently with yaks milk on a daily basis. once a day for a week or two and your 9mm tip will soon have increased to 13mm
    http://e.imagehost.org/0813/Mellow_yellow_sig1.jpg

Comment

i`ve heard something about mustard and keeping it soaked in beer overnight, but this is aparently better way. more natural..
      ok so i feel its not possible. and i understand its not only different changeable tip, but the cue end has the different size.

Comment

Over here in the US we usually can buy extra shafts for our 2 pc cues,which we could use in different situations, different tips, shaft diameters, etc. I have a MW snooker cue that I love shooting snooker with, but it just doesn't work with the heavier, larger us pool balls. Wonder how come the English cue makers don't push extra shafts so much when they sell cues. I'd love a 12.5mm MW shaft to fit my black shark to play US pool with.
        Renegade_56

Mike Wooldridge Black Shark

Raffle For Chris Nitti Custom Pool Cue

www.classifiedbillards.com/mybb

Comment

Originally Posted by Mellow Yellow View Post
          yes you can make the tip bigger by rubbing gently with yaks milk on a daily basis. once a day for a week or two and your 9mm tip will soon have increased to 13mm
          LMAO...

hi mellow yellow, any particular reason why the tip gets bigger with gentle rubbing and does it got to be yaks milk?

(sorry matador88, i couldn't resist)
          When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back. GET MAD!!

Comment

You can Get a Cue made with 12/13mm Tips as Dom Dale likes 11mm or More!

Good Cue Makers Like Trevor White, Dave Brown - Craftsman Cues, John Parris, Etc would make Any Cue to Your Specs, Well Most Cue Makers can do this.

But If you have Bought a Cue 58" or More in Length then you could always Cut and Retaper Top but would have to come down quite abit for 12/13mm Thats why I would Recommend having One Made to that Spec in 1st Place.

Comment

Originally Posted by gazza147 View Post
              You can Get a Cue made with 12/13mm Tips as Dom Dale likes 11mm or More!

Good Cue Makers Like Trevor White, Dave Brown - Craftsman Cues, John Parris, Etc would make Any Cue to Your Specs, Well Most Cue Makers can do this.

But If you have Bought a Cue 58" or More in Length then you could always Cut and Retaper Top but would have to come down quite abit for 12/13mm Thats why I would Recommend having One Made to that Spec in 1st Place.
              nah, I wasn't talking about modifying my Shark, that will never happen. What I was referring to was the cue maker selling the cue with an extra shaft, to different spec, like 12.5mm, maybe pro taper instead of conical (not sure that works with ash), but you get the idea. I just always see snooker cues bought and sold with only one shaft, where as the american pool cues quite often are offered with 2 shafts, sometimes more.
              Renegade_56

Mike Wooldridge Black Shark

Raffle For Chris Nitti Custom Pool Cue

www.classifiedbillards.com/mybb

Comment

Originally Posted by Renegade_56 View Post
                nah, I wasn't talking about modifying my Shark, that will never happen. What I was referring to was the cue maker selling the cue with an extra shaft, to different spec, like 12.5mm, maybe pro taper instead of conical (not sure that works with ash), but you get the idea. I just always see snooker cues bought and sold with only one shaft, where as the american pool cues quite often are offered with 2 shafts, sometimes more.
                cant think why you would want an extra shaft if you just play snooker? the only scenario would be like you say if you play a different cue sport like american pool. But i imagine you would just be better off buying a specific american pool cue?

I am an english pool player however i have been playing a lot of snooker lately and my 8mm tip just doest do the business on the snooker table so for fear of damaging it and for better cueing i will shortly be buying a snooker cue as well.

with regards to the OP the only way to increase the tip size would be to (as mentioned above) shorten the cue at the tip end up to the required size then maybe have the butt end lengthened, but by doing this you may as well have a new cue made due to upsetting the balance/feel/cost etc.
                http://e.imagehost.org/0813/Mellow_yellow_sig1.jpg

Comment

Working...
                X