Cueless

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cueless

Today i did something I haven't done for years, playing a match today and playing really bad, I threw my cue on the floor in fustration. When I picked up the cue was bent at the joint. The cue is completely nackered, It was only a cheap cue and I thought it was quite funny. i'll post some pictures later if anyone wants a laugh

What brand of cue was it?
    :snooker:

Comment

Caz nice to see the passion has returned to your game,but is the frustration linked to your cue search ? Reading earlier posts I know it has been a long search (does it ever end) and I would hate to see you "take it out" on a quality cue.As MW once said, if he loses it and trashes a cue,he just builds another ( lucky sod),but the rest of we mortals cant do it.Snooker is so much a mental game,it would be a shame to ruin your search (so near to completion) because of frustration,maybe a trip to Dell might help ?

Comment

I bet you wouldn't do that with your TW!
        Oh, and that's a bad miss.

Comment

Nevets your 100% right I wouldn't have done that to my TW, I think subconsciously I new I had to get rid of the cue.
          Blackball the cue was a cheap cue that I brought on eBay it’s called on the name plate Pro Cues England.
          Old school, even though I've hit some good breaks with this cue I've felt myself slipping into old bad habits the longer I played with it, so deep down I'm glad I broke it.
          I'm gutted as my new TW did not show today so I've got no cue until the 27 at the earliest.
          http://s971.photobucket.com/albums/a.../Broken%20cue/

Comment

As a Christmas experiment,why not remove the brass joint,glue in an appropriate sized dowel ( ramin,if you can get it) therefore converted to one piece ( job would cost pennies) and use it as your "punchbag" until TW arrives.Just a thought,All the best for xmas and the New Year.

Comment

Originally Posted by old school View Post
              As a Christmas experiment,why not remove the brass joint,glue in an appropriate sized dowel ( ramin,if you can get it) therefore converted to one piece ( job would cost pennies) and use it as your "punchbag" until TW arrives.Just a thought,All the best for xmas and the New Year.
              I might just do that, be interesting to see if I could play with it

Comment

How old are you ? You will throw your toys out of the pram next

You could always borrow my cue
                Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

"I'm gutted as my new TW did not show today so I've got no cue until the 27 at the earliest."

Oh no, you mean you wont be able to play snooker on Christmas day or Boxing day! How will you cope?
                  Oh, and that's a bad miss.

Comment

Originally Posted by cazmac1 View Post
                    Nevets your 100% right I wouldn't have done that to my TW, I think subconsciously I new I had to get rid of the cue.
                    Blackball the cue was a cheap cue that I brought on eBay it’s called on the name plate Pro Cues England.
                    Old school, even though I've hit some good breaks with this cue I've felt myself slipping into old bad habits the longer I played with it, so deep down I'm glad I broke it.
                    I'm gutted as my new TW did not show today so I've got no cue until the 27 at the earliest.
                    Oh man wtf Caz LOL. What are the specs for you new TW cue? And look... stay with this TW. Don't alter it or do ANYTHING until you know for sure it's not for you.

Say around 6-8 weeks solid practice (if you play most days should be enough).

Def. post pics when you receive it please

Good luck man!

Comment

Originally Posted by cazmac1 View Post
                      How cheap was it? It doesn't look an expensive fix to me. I've seen cues split in two for 9" down from the joint cheaply repaired.
                      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Old cue collector --
                      Cue Sales: http://oldcues.co.uk/index.php?id=for_sale_specials
                      (yes I know they're not cheap, I didn't intend them to be!..)
                      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
                        How old are you ? You will throw your toys out of the pram next

You could always borrow my cue
                        might do depends on what santa brings me

Comment

Originally Posted by perpetualboredom View Post
                          How cheap was it? It doesn't look an expensive fix to me. I've seen cues split in two for 9" down from the joint cheaply repaired.
                          The cue only cost £30, must say I do love the shaft on it, I might keep it and see if something and be done later down the line.

Comment

Originally Posted by nevets View Post
                            "I'm gutted as my new TW did not show today so I've got no cue until the 27 at the earliest."

Oh no, you mean you wont be able to play snooker on Christmas day or Boxing day! How will you cope?
                            Any day without snooker is a day too long, and it's my birthday tomorrow.

Comment

Originally Posted by Inoffthered View Post
                              Oh man wtf Caz LOL. What are the specs for you new TW cue? And look... stay with this TW. Don't alter it or do ANYTHING until you know for sure it's not for you.

Say around 6-8 weeks solid practice (if you play most days should be enough).

Def. post pics when you receive it please

Good luck man!
                              Theres a bit of a story behind this cue which I will keep to myself for now. The cue is second hand and I've picked it up for a bargin as it has some cosmetic damage on the butt. It might have even belonged to a member on the forum, I'm sure I'll find out when I post the pictures
                              I not 100% sure of the specs but I think this is them.
                              Maple shaft with enbony butt with a snake wood front splice
                              lenght 56
                              tip 9.5
                              weight 17.5 oz
                              butt 29mm
                              Petty much what I was after anyway, will go a long way to help me make on my mind on the final specs on the cue I have on order with TW.

Comment

Working...
                              X