Aarrrrrggghhhhh!!!! Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aarrrrrggghhhhh!!!! Help!

Tonight I was about to sell my Craftsman Cue for halfd of it's worth, I had it resting next to me on the table, moved and it slid along the side of the table and onto the floor, now when you tap the shaft it rattles, their is absolutely no sign of any visable crack anywhere but their must be one somewhere I feel as the rattle is audiable, it seems to be coming from somewhere near a splice but I'm not certain.

Can anything be done to rectify this from any of yours experience or have I fooked it and will now need to have a new shaft made?

One day I'll make a century, I've knocked in a 51!

Have you tried turning the ferrule , if ther,es no sign of damage on the shaft then it may be this .

A loose ferrule sounds very much like a loose weight when tapped .

Comment

Originally Posted by hotpot View Post
      Have you tried turning the ferrule , if ther,es no sign of damage on the shaft then it may be this .

A loose ferrule sounds very much like a loose weight when tapped .
      I've not no, the ferrule was recently replaced too, be very happy if it's that!

Comment

If I tap just the shaft their is no sound of a rattle at all, it's only when I attatch it to the butt that you hear the rattle, I've tried turning the ferrule but it ain't shifting.

Comment

Have you got Threads in Bottom of the Butt for Mini Butt or Extension? Look up the Butt and see if the Screw is Loose up there m8 if you have One.

Comment

First time I'll ever have looked up the arse of a cue! I'll have a look in the morning once I've slept as I can feel a Caz style cue tantrum coming on and that's not going to go well if it happens!

On the plus side it really fired me up for the friendly match and I battered him to a pulp, had a few 20 odd breaks which for me is another step in the right direction!

Comment

Originally Posted by gazza147 View Post
              Have you got Threads in Bottom of the Butt for Mini Butt or Extension? Look up the Butt and see if the Screw is Loose up there m8 if you have One.
              No screws up there and no sign of anything loose!

Strange that it only makes the rattling sound when the shaft is attatched to the butt!

Any ideas anybody? Hairline fracture that only an x-ray would show up???

I can't see any sign of a crack at all.........

Comment

Only thing i can suggest is starting from the bottom of the butt and working your way up is to hold the cue every two inches and tap it and pheraps you may find the problem area .

Other than that i think this is one for the cuemakers .

Comment

Only thing i can suggest is starting from the bottom of the butt and working your way up is to hold the cue every two inches and tap it and pheraps you may find the problem area .

Other than that i think this is one for the cuemakers .
                  Yer, I think you could be right!

Comment

Maybe the weight could be lose in the butt off the cue........
                    Winner of 2011 Masters Fantasy game......
                    Winner of 2011 World Championship Fantasy game.......

Comment

Get a cloth and a pair of pliers and see if you can tighten the ferrule . A loose ferrule will rattle right down the cue .

Comment

Good job the replacement arrived in the post this morning, although I've been a little misled about that as it's not 100% straight but near enough.

Think I'm going to get Trevor to build me a nice new one for later in the year.

Comment

Thats annoying , buying a cue to find it,s not dead straight .

Comment

Thats annoying , buying a cue to find it,s not dead straight .
                            Indeed, am about to leave feedback on his ebay page!

I think it's where the shaft is spliced, one of the areas of splice as when I run my finger around that area one bit feels slightly raised and it looks like it may have parted slightly.

I've tried tightening the ferrule and really dont want to squeeze any thighter with that.

Comment

Just spoken to one of the chaps at Craftsman and he recons one of the joints may have worked loose as it's hit the floor, going to put it in the post to them and take it from there me thinks.

Comment

Working...
                              X