is my cue too long for me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is my cue too long for me?

Hi my cue is 57.5inches long, i find that for most of the time i have about 5-6 inches sticking out from the grip, i m around 170cm tall, anyone thinks cue might be too long fo rme?

Originally Posted by mchpddl1 View Post
    Hi my cue is 57.5inches long, i find that for most of the time i have about 5-6 inches sticking out from the grip, i m around 170cm tall, anyone thinks cue might be too long fo rme?
    For 5-6 inches to be hanging out the back, I'd guess it's more a case that your bridge is too close to the white, or your elbow isn't at 90 degrees... or you have tiny arms!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Old cue collector --
    Cue Sales: http://oldcues.co.uk/index.php?id=for_sale_specials
    (yes I know they're not cheap, I didn't intend them to be!..)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Your bridge hand should be 10-12 inches away from the cueball and your elbow should be at 90 degrees at address.

Try than and see if there is still 5-6 inches sticking out

Comment

I am 5'9" (~175cm) and I use a 57.5 inch cue, with 1-2 inches out the back of the grip. As others have said your bridge is probably too short, or your grip hand in the wrong place.

Search the forum for "correct bridge length" and you get a few threads with useful comments. Also have a read of this recent one..
        http://www.thesnookerforum.com/board...ad.php?t=28908

My comment #8 shows my height, arm span, and the various lengths of bridge, etc.

A detailed description of how to find the 'ideal' position is here:
        http://www.thesnookerforum.com/board...ad.php?t=28641
        (see comment #10)
        "Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error"
        - Linus Pauling

Comment

thanks very much..

Comment

I'm around your height, my cue is has always been 53", hope this helps.

I know I said I would never reply to any post again however, I believe this question is important to this member.

Comment

I'm 5cm shorter than you. My cue is 53". Normal bridge 11.5-12" from cueball. Bridge arm almost straight and elbow of cue arm perfectly at 90 degree. I still have around 2-3" sticking out. My friends with same height have the same situation so I think it's normal.

Comment

Marco Fu has quite good overhang on most of his shots, as do lots of others, so do not worry about it. If it feels ok for you, that is all that matters.
                :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by Acrowot View Post
                  Marco Fu has quite good overhang on most of his shots, as do lots of others, so do not worry about it. If it feels ok for you, that is all that matters.
                  :snooker:
                  spot on m8, frank callan agrees with you also as quoted in his book

Comment

I'd like to buy the frank callen book, where can I get a copy.

Comment

getting quite rare now but they pop up from time to time

Comment

Is it one of the reasons why Marco has cued better? I remember he held very near the end in the old days, only in recent years he grips more forward.

Comment

Working...
                        X