Cue Shop in South East

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cue Shop in South East

Does anyone know of a shop in the South East England that has a extensive selection of cues to view and test?
    Many thanks
    DeanH
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Check out www.franksandellcuesport.co.uk my stock is not as big as it used to be but few people have a better facility for you to try out cues. Drop me an e.mail from the site and I'll get back to you. Bol. F.

Comment

Hi Frank.
      Many thanks for the link, I have been to the website before and have noticed no address.
      I am actually asking this question for a friend who is getting back into snooker after a few years off and is wanting to review and try cues.
      He does not have a computer so I am collating information about cue makers and places he can go to which have a selection of cues.
      Thanks
      DeanH

Comment

Hey DeanH,

I asked a similar question not long a ago (I live on the Berkshire/South Bucks border), but didn't get much response so I'll be keeping an eye on this thread. I ended up buying a MW off the forum which I am happy with, but it would have been nice to go to a snooker/pool shop or someone who makes cues to find a suitable cue.

Cheers
        BMW

Comment

Hi BMW, I have noticed that even snooker clubs don't tend to have a good selection any more
          Have you noticed any clubs with reasonable selection?
          Yep, you bought that 2007 (?) MW from Harv last weeek. Unfortunately I was unable to get to his place before you did
          Is it as nice as it looked?
          DeanH

Comment

Thanks for that Dean. I may be a bit far away? Still I am sure it is always best to try cues prior to buying. I like to keep a degree of privacy now I'm semi retired hence my suggestion to E.mail me to make arrangements. I usually then pass on my phone number.

Comment

Originally Posted by franksandellsnooker View Post
              Thanks for that Dean. I may be a bit far away? Still I am sure it is always best to try cues prior to buying. I like to keep a degree of privacy now I'm semi retired hence my suggestion to E.mail me to make arrangements. I usually then pass on my phone number.
              Thanks Frank
              I will see what other options may crop-up. There must be a place around London somewhere?
              I believe you are down near Brighton somewhere so I will mention your offer to my friend and get back to you if he is interested.
              Cheers

Comment

Theirs cuedoctor in southend which I think let you test out their cues.

Comment

Originally Posted by zach123 View Post
                  Theirs cuedoctor in southend which I think let you test out their cues.
                  Thanks zach123, yep I know about Cue Doctor in Southend, but I am sure a 2 drive will not appeal to my friend
                  But I will mention them to my friend.
                  Cheers

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                    Hi BMW, I have noticed that even snooker clubs don't tend to have a good selection any more
                    Have you noticed any clubs with reasonable selection?
                    Yep, you bought that 2007 (?) MW from Harv last weeek. Unfortunately I was unable to get to his place before you did
                    Is it as nice as it looked?
                    DeanH
                    The Rileys I went to in Staines has a small selection of cues for sale in a glass cabinet, but IMHO they're not that good. There aren't many good snooker places near here, but I've heard the old Racks in Maidenhead is in the process of being brought to be setup as a new snooker hall - hopefully they will stock some good cues.

Harv mentioned someone else was interested in the MW ;-) Yes it is a lovely cue - just need an extendable extension for it.

Comment

Originally Posted by BadMadWicked View Post
                      The Rileys I went to in Staines has a small selection of cues for sale in a glass cabinet, but IMHO they're not that good. There aren't many good snooker places near here, but I've heard the old Racks in Maidenhead is in the process of being brought to be setup as a new snooker hall - hopefully they will stock some good cues.

Harv mentioned someone else was interested in the MW ;-) Yes it is a lovely cue - just need an extendable extension for it.
                      Yeah, I just could not get out of a family commitment
                      Can you keep an eye on Racks and give us an update later.
                      Cheers
                      DeanH

Comment

Yup - will do.

Comment

Hi BadMadWicked
                          Has there been any movement with Racks in Maidenhead?
                          A colleague said he would not mind a frame or two at lunchtime sometime.
                          Cheers
                          DeanH

Comment

Hey DeanH,

I've not heard anything yet, but I'll ask some of the guys from the pool team next week (we play on Tuesday). I'm playing a lot of pool at the moment and would love to play snooker, but I'm thinking it will be better to let the usual World Snooker rush to snooker hall die down first :-)

Cheers
                            BMW

Comment

Hi BMW
                              Cheers for that.
                              I play pool league on Thursday (world rules) but play snooker nearly every night (as much as the boss-in-doors allows )

Comment

Working...
                              X