Adam Custom Cues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adam Custom Cues

Years ago Adam was a good brand for cues... Anybody knows about the quality of Adam now, is it a cheap import from Asia? Look this one for example...
    http://www.greenbaize.com/specials/

Ask stuart Green I'm sure he'll be honest with you!
    I like the look of the custom Master cues he's got!
    I don't think Adam are a well reguarded maker anymore, so probably is from china now like barracuda and Lewis and Wilson!

Comment

I have an old adam cue which I still play with from time to time and I can quite simply tell you that the ones on offer now are complete rubbish compared to the ones made in the 1970s.The old ones on ebay sometimes make good money but from about 1983 onwards when they were branded with the bce badge,the quality went down the drain!

Comment

A little off topic, but john spencer used to use an adam cue. (I believe he won at least one world title with it, possibly 2).
        If you want to play the pink, but you're hampered by the red, you could always try to play the brown!

Comment

Cliff Thorburn was playing with an Adam cue as a professional in the Uk and made his infamous 147 with it.
          www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Originally Posted by poolqjunkie View Post
            Cliff Thorburn was playing with an Adam cue as a professional in the Uk and made his infamous 147 with it.
            oh really? I thought it was a Gauthier 2pc?
            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
              oh really? I thought it was a Gauthier 2pc?
              No, it was not.
              You can see the video on you tube and pictures in his book he was clearly using an Adam cue. He confirmed it, too when asked.
              Think he is now using a Gauthier playing in senior and invitation but when he was a pro in the UK he was not.
              Big Bill was the only one using a Gauthier. Kirk was using some half jointed cue with a metal joint, most likely a Dufferin.
              Alain using a Marcel, so was Bob.
              www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

I think the brand may have had a makeover from it's Chinese owners recently, much like Powerglide which are actually quite nice again these days (the top models - though they are lacquer finished).

I think Martin Chesworth was selling some of the newer Adam cues on ebay recently and he wrote that it is generally thought that they have good shafts. They were going fairly cheaply though. Has anyone seen these recently?
                Tear up that manure-fed astroturf!

Comment

Working...
                X