Dragon cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dragon cue

Hi, was thinking about purchasing a dragon cue...anyone got any experience with these?

they are VERY hit and miss, and to be honest with you, their probably more 8 ball cues than snooker cues.

the butts are very slim and so to is the taper through the cue, they look very fancy, with lots of splices and vaneers etc, and you sometimes have to send them back to be re-finished after you've had them a month or two.

in my opinion, some of their older cues used to be good, a lot better than the newer ones i've seen, but hit and miss mate.

a lot of the top welsh 8 ball players use them, wardy, ben davies, wayne smith and doug mountjoy also has one.....

only my opinion, hope this helps.

Comment

I would have to agree alittle with the above Post most People who Buy Dragon Cues are Pool Players, I haven't seen any on the Snooker Curcuit or know any Pro's using them.

I am Not saying they are Crap Crap as I would say they are Far better than BCE & PERADON CUES which you buy from your Local Sports Shops etc.

If your Budget is between £150/£200 I would say go for Master Cue which are by Far the Best Value for Money Cue on the Market if you have More to Spend between £300/£400 then I would say give Trevor White a Ring.

Gaz.
      Last edited by gazza147; 13 April 2011, 06:14 PM.

Comment

aucott80 I know of a Stunning Custom Made Dragon Cue Available if you are after a Dragon Cue.

Please e-mail me at: topgazza@aol.com

Gaz.

Comment

I bought one last month for my 13 year old lad to use, and as said they do have a slim tapper ! i wouldnt want to play snooker with it for sure !

Comment

Hi guys, thanks for the replies! so general opinion is there probably good for pool but not suited to snooker?

my budget is around #250-300

Comment

Seen quite a few of these,had a hickory shafted one.Would agree they are hit and miss but some of the older ones with pearwood shaft i've seen were very good pool cues.Have seen a couple of recent ones and wasn't impressed with them at all.

Comment

so, general opinion is that their good for pool but not suited to snooker? my budget is #200-300, had parris and mastercue in past

Comment

If you're not in a hurry basic Trevor White would be hard to beat

Comment

Originally Posted by aucott80 View Post
                    so, general opinion is that their good for pool but not suited to snooker? my budget is #200-300, had parris and mastercue in past
                    Hi there aucott80..I represent Cue Craft on the forum.

Interesting to read this thread. I agree, the Dragon cues I've seen in the past have been more suited to UK Pool. And be aware that Mastercues are imported from Thailand (a common mis-conception persists that they're UK made??)

If you'd care to email me your specs to cueist@genie.co.uk, within your budget I can supply a top quality Hand-spliced 3/4 or one piece cue with air-lock butt joint, mini-butt & tele-scopic extension all made to your personal specification AND including a case as well!!!

Plus they're UK made and you will receive it via secure courier in 2 - 3 weeks from order!!! So no waiting around forever for your new cue to arrive....

I need to know the following:

Tip Size
                    Weight
                    Wood for Butt
                    Wood for Shaft
                    Length
                    Jointing - e.g. 3/4 or 1 piece
                    Butt Diameter

And lastly, you'll receive a free Cue Craft cue towel with your order as you are a TSF member

Cheers, Dave, Snookerpoolman
                    Last edited by snookerpoolman; 14 April 2011, 09:51 AM.

Comment

Guys I have e-mailed you Pics of the Dragon Cue and the Specs ok.

Gaz.

Comment

Originally Posted by snookerpoolman View Post
                        Hi there aucott80..I represent Cue Craft on the forum.

Interesting to read this thread. I agree, the Dragon cues I've seen in the past have been more suited to UK Pool. And be aware that Mastercues are imported from Thailand (a common mis-conception persists that they're UK made??)

If you'd care to email me your specs to cueist@genie.co.uk, within your budget I can supply a top quality Hand-spliced 3/4 or one piece cue with air-lock butt joint, mini-butt & tele-scopic extension all made to your personal specification AND including a case as well!!!

Plus they're UK made and you will receive it via secure courier in 2 - 3 weeks from order!!! So no waiting around forever for your new cue to arrive....

I need to know the following:

Tip Size
                        Weight
                        Wood for Butt
                        Wood for Shaft
                        Length
                        Jointing - e.g. 3/4 or 1 piece
                        Butt Diameter

And lastly, you'll receive a free Cue Craft cue towel with your order as you are a TSF member

Cheers, Dave, Snookerpoolman

Aucott80, if you're wanting a decent UK made cue for that budget, I don't think you'd go far wrong with the offer here from Snookerpoolman.

If it were my own money, Dragon would perhaps be one of the last makers I would consider. Nothing against the maker personally, but just not up to the standard that sort of money should buy you on any consistent level.

Comment

Hello
                          I appreciate this is an old thread but I just bought a new (unused ) Dragon Silver cue (2024) and it's awesome !
                          Seems I got a hit rather than a miss
                          It's better than I ever expected at just £160
                          I haven't owned many snooker cues in my lifetime but this is by far the best I ever used (yes it's being used for snooker not pool)

Comment

Hi Darren

I've just bought a dragon cues case for my one piece snooker cue and the quality is superb, i'm also friends with a local cue doctor who knows his stuff when it comes to cue alterations, tips etc and he's close to Dragon cues. He said the cues are now absolutely fantastic so i'm not surprised to see you're so happy with yours!
                            "just tap it in":snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by tomwalker147 View Post
                              Hi Darren

I've just bought a dragon cues case for my one piece snooker cue and the quality is superb, i'm also friends with a local cue doctor who knows his stuff when it comes to cue alterations, tips etc and he's close to Dragon cues. He said the cues are now absolutely fantastic so i'm not surprised to see you're so happy with yours!
                              Hi tomwalker
                              I did a lot of searching before I decided on the cue and it helped to have a Dragon logo being as I'm Welsh :P
                              I'm in process of getting the full specs from the UK supplier as I didn't save the info before I bought it !
                              I'll update and a photo as well

Comment

Working...
                              X