Still Cant Decide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still Cant Decide

Ok i have been browsing for a few weeks now and still cant decide, i have never had a decent cue before just cheap ones, now i have finally got some spare money saved (£250) i cant decide what i want, i had an offer from a member on here with cue craft cues but cant seem to find any feedback on these, i was also thinking of going down to craftsman cues to try a few out, as i said this will be my 1st decent cue and im not really sure on specs as all i have ever had are the cheap sports shop cues and some rubbish off ebay once which was awful.

Do u need a extension, case etc within that budget?

I would go craftsman! The two i have had were fantastic. I regret ever selling the maple one.

Comment

yes, i have been in touch with craftsman and they said i could get a cue, leather case, mini butt and telescopic extension, they said they would sort me out with that budget, its just a matter of when i can get down there, someone i knw is selling a peradon king with mini butt telescopic extension and leather case for £150, only thins is like i said my 1st decent cue i dont want to buy then find out i cant play with it

Comment

Just to help with your deciding
        For that budget you can also have a custom cue and bits from www.mastercraft-cues.co.uk and I believe you can make an appointment and pop along to try some cues out.
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

i have also looked on mastercraft, just most threads on here are all about the more expensive cues such as jp, mw, and so on cant really find any reviews on thee cheaper cues

Comment

Originally Posted by faman300lb View Post
            i have also looked on mastercraft, just most threads on here are all about the more expensive cues such as jp, mw, and so on cant really find any reviews on thee cheaper cues
            A friend of mine ordered one not that long ago, it came within the quoted timescale (6 weeks I think it was) and it is a very nice cue. Also he said the guy there (David?) was spot on with advice and to deal with.

Comment

Originally Posted by faman300lb View Post
              and so on cant really find any reviews on thee cheaper cues
              see http://www.thesnookerforum.com/board...ues#post538173

Comment

Sometimes u have to gamble and get the cue.

Craftsman are pretty good in terms of returning/swapping their cues.

Do u currently own a cheap bce cue or summit?? Why not take the specs of this cue and get a proper cue made?

Comment

i own a cheap cue http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/COM3-BRAND-NEW...#ht_1523wt_698
                  same as this,

Comment

If u like this cue, take it to craftsman and ask for exact measurements.

Then try their cues in that spec.

If u wanna try a different spec, also try this at craftsman?

Comment

stu green at greenbaize offers excellent packages for customers wanting exts and a case with the cue might be worth a ride up or a phone call.

Comment

i have emailed stu at greenbaize see what he can offer, thanks, if not i will take a trip ti Kippax to craftsman

Comment

Yeah greenbaize is an option. I have never played with a greenbaize.

The reason why I say craftmans is one because I have played with them and they are great and the other you are in hull so nearest to you.

U could always try greenbaize, craftsmans and mastercraft for that budget.

The other local one who is right on your doorstep is Reg Wright (wrightcues.co.uk). You would struggle to get the case as well for £250 but he may worth a visit to his workshop. He doesnt stock cues but his website actually says he prefers people to bring their old cue and he makes them to that spec.

Comment

i have been in touch with greenbaize and stu says he can put a package with everything i want for my budget, i have checked wright cus and they seem a tad expensive for my budget, if i have no luck at gb then i will go to craftsman and have a play around with some cues there

Comment

good luck with the search

Comment

Working...
                              X