Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by hotpot View Post
    I like the badges aswell .
    The see through badges were engraved from the back and then had a black disk, made them very hard to fit as glue wanted to seep into the lettering. Hence went for the traditional style, plus they are in ivory colour so more in keeping with my leaning towards old style cues.
    http://thecueguru.weebly.com/

Comment

• Much better I think.
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Old cue collector --
      Cue Sales: http://oldcues.co.uk/index.php?id=for_sale_specials
      (yes I know they're not cheap, I didn't intend them to be!..)
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

• i'm gonna guess you f*cked up the ebony splices so had to over-splice it.

just saying...

anyway, you may not be david bailey but your pics are pretty good.

considering i saw some of them in the flesh...

BOOM!

ignore me, i'm in a foul mood. wasting my time sorting out a pile of someone else's mess. lucky there's no swearbox in my workshop right now.

actually, i've always liked padauk, surprised not more people ask for it.

looks great on that cue mate. well done.
        The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

• Originally Posted by JasonOwen View Post
          Just to keep some of my cues together pics in this thread..
          The Chilli pepper cue.
          http://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/.../Picture10.png
          http://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/...s/IMG_2690.jpg
          Are you going to be selling this one Jason. If you are, what are the specs of it. As it's taken my eye.

Comment

• Originally Posted by hunter101 View Post
            Are you going to be selling this one Jason. If you are, what are the specs of it. As it's taken my eye.
            Sorry, it sold to a local player last night.

Comment

• Originally Posted by MikeWooldridge View Post
              ignore me, i'm in a foul mood. wasting my time sorting out a pile of someone else's mess. lucky there's no swearbox in my workshop right now.
              At least you'll get into heaven Mike.....

Originally Posted by MikeWooldridge View Post
              I've never been a fan of it before, as I always thought it looked really plain in pictures, but if this is what it really looks like, I'm a convert. It is absolutely stunning!
              If you want to play the pink, but you're hampered by the red, you could always try to play the brown!

Comment

• Originally Posted by MikeWooldridge View Post
                i'm gonna guess you f*cked up the ebony splices so had to over-splice it.

just saying...

anyway, you may not be david bailey but your pics are pretty good.

considering i saw some of them in the flesh...

BOOM!

looks great on that cue mate. well done.
                Do you find that Paduak tends to turn quite a bit darker as time goes by? When they turn to a more browish colour the grain contrast also kind of disappear?

I have talked to many furniture makers and wood workers and everyone seems to have problem with this same issue.

I wonder if there is a way to "preserve" the vibrant colour of the wood...
                www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

• Maybe your oil would give it a seal to keep the colour airin/

As it seems to have some sort of marine varnish (or some kind of varnish i would say is in the mix) and a few other additives that give the finish you get, maybe this would 'seal' the timber and preserve the colour more.

As your finish is much 'thicker' than most other makers maybe this would work?

Just a thought!

Comment

• Originally Posted by poolqjunkie View Post
                    ....I wonder if there is a way to "preserve" the vibrant colour of the wood...
                    Maybe varnish lol, your mega shiny finish looks as tho it would preserve it ok

Comment

• Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                      Maybe varnish lol, your mega shiny finish looks as tho it would preserve it ok
                      No, it wont.

It is the UV I believe that discolours the wood over time, although some finish has UV block and all that it still will not stop it, just slowing it down.

And I dont think anyone really uses UV system on snooker cues anyway, only on US pool cues.

I have spoken to a lot of people in the wood working industry about this but I still dont know how to effectively stop it.
                      www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

• I think that you are right,you will never stop Padauk from darkening with age,although really aged Padauk can still look good, as well you know.Another timber that benefits from a UV block finish is Purpleheart,which again is a timber that tends to lose vibrancy ( of colour) and darkens with age.If you ever do discover how to preserve colour intensity in timbers like padauk and purpleheart then I think you will make a fortune.

Comment

• I know you guys like work in progress pics, so heres a few......

Comment

• hi jason to need to empty some of your pm box

Comment

Working...
                            X