Kamui Tip's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by limecc View Post
    So why not get a laminated tip that doesn't delaminate? Even a MW laminated if that's your preference? Far superior to an ordinary supertip which is just a good Elk.
    Because I've tried quite a few laminated tips over the last few months and I haven't really been able to get on with any of them, and I've found I like the feel of the supertips by a country mile...... But I must admit I haven't tried MW laminated.

Would class them as a soft laminated and is that what you use??
    Winner of 2011 Masters Fantasy game......
    Winner of 2011 World Championship Fantasy game.......

Comment

Originally Posted by hotpot View Post
      For those of you considering Phoenix tips just to let you know that my team mate has had three of the soft tips delaminate after a few hours use and i had one delaminate after two hours use ..
      Same here, ive now had 2 of the phoenix tips delaminate, one soft and one medium. Its frustrating to say the least as they felt superb whilst they were on, one lasted a few hours and the other lasted no longer than 3 practice sessions.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
        Same here, ive now had 2 of the phoenix tips delaminate, one soft and one medium. Its frustrating to say the least as they felt superb whilst they were on, one lasted a few hours and the other lasted no longer than 3 practice sessions.
        Have you complained to the seller and asked them to pass it on to phoenix as thats the only way they will look into it . You may have been unlucky with the medium as i know a few that have been on for a few months without any problem .

Comment

I'm going to try the Kamui tips, does anyone know which would be the closest in feel to a Phoenix 11mm soft black laminated tip or Tamisman 11mm soft ?

I believe from what i read that the Kamui comes in medium or medium hard, is that correct ?

If so is the medium similar in feel to a Talisman 11mm soft or a Phoenix soft ? I like a firm feel but not too firm.
          sigpic

Comment

I cant remember which two i tried but i think it were the medium and medium hard . I found both nice tips but a little springy for me so i switched to tally soft which i did,nt find harder but a firmer more solid hit . The phoenix medium i found to be a nice firm hit like the tallys but more responsive and livelier plus they hold the chalk better .

You may find that the master chalk sticks better on certain laminated tips compared to the triangle .

Comment

I tried the phoenix medium but it felt too hard when hitting the ball, a similar feel to a pub pool cue with those rock hard black tips. The phoenix soft felt perfect similar to a talisman soft but a fraction firmer hit. The only reason i changed to a Phoenix soft tip from a talisman is because my new phoenix cue came with a phoenix soft black laminated tip already on and i loved the feel straight away, unfortunately it didn't last long and delaminated.

I'll either try a Kamui next or i'll go back to the Talisman soft, just lost my confidence to try anymore Phoenix tips, they have been put on right as my mate puts my tips on and he worked in a snooker club for quite a few years, he looked after 24 tables and re-tipped peoples cues as well as his own, he's a match player that plays to a very good standard so he knows what he's doing in the tip department.
              Last edited by The Stig; 20 January 2012, 11:40 AM.
              sigpic

Comment

The phoenix medium does get softer when its bedded in

Comment

Working...
                X