Dedicated valuers of snooker cues?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dedicated valuers of snooker cues?

I was wondering if there was such a person that could put a price on snooker cues? I have listened to my mate who has taken cues down to tournaments in the past where he has had his cue valued by certain guys in the know. Rather than some followers of this forum that maybe have their own favourite cue makers, modern or antique cues or whether it maybe down to the history of the cue or demand. That a cue can have a price down to the workmanship rather than whats in the fashion at the time.

Thanks in advance for any help given.

Regards
    Tam

The value of a cue is only down to what people are prepared to pay for it. This is usually set by previous examples being sold which set the benchmark if you like, obviously very rare cues can buck the trend when some people pay way over the top just to "have it".
    You can have the most fantastic workmanship you want, but that doesn't necessarily mean it will be in demand and hence more valuable !
    What have you got then to value ???

Comment

Originally Posted by tammajock View Post
      I was wondering if there was such a person that could put a price on snooker cues? I have listened to my mate who has taken cues down to tournaments in the past where he has had his cue valued by certain guys in the know. Rather than some followers of this forum that maybe have their own favourite cue makers, modern or antique cues or whether it maybe down to the history of the cue or demand. That a cue can have a price down to the workmanship rather than whats in the fashion at the time.

Regards
      its not really possible - like everything a cue is worth what somebody will pay. i try and keep up with what prices they are fetching but every so often one will suprise you.
      https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by tammajock View Post

Regards
        The most honest way to value a cue is, a) what would you pay for it, and b) what do you think other people will pay - giving some examples if possible - my site now details actual cue sale values.. admittedly not many records atm.. will get round to it when the new coding is done, or find someone will to help out!
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Old cue collector --
        Cue Sales: http://oldcues.co.uk/index.php?id=for_sale_specials
        (yes I know they're not cheap, I didn't intend them to be!..)
        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
        X