cue re graining

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cue re graining

Ive been trying for a while to find out how to re-grain a cue and now i seem to have got it sorted i thought id show off my handy work, its not that difficult to do with a bit of time and patience and preperation!

here is the cue before - an old cue where most of the grain had come out leaving the cue rough with lines i could get my fingernail in

Moving onto the cue after ive applied the grain filler spreading it allround top 1/3 of cue to start with for first go (looks a total mess and i did think wtf had i done!

then gentle sanding down to reveal the colour of the wood leaving the grain filled and the end result

In the last picture you can see the top 3 (and most of the 4th chevrons have been done but lower doen has not. For my first real go im chuffed with the result - the cue feels super smooth and i cant feel the grain at all.

Few coats of linseed oil and should be all good!

Steve.

ok the attached pic at the bottom was obviously the cue before not the pic at the top lol!

Steve.

Comment

Your 1st and 3rd pics look exactly the same ????
      Edit, ahh now that makes more sense lol

Comment

Good work but I bet you had a little worry set in at the point of your second picture
        On Cue Facebook Page
        Stuart Graham Coaching Website - On a break until March 2015
        Ton Praram Cues UK Price List

Comment

You know you only have to work it into the grain, not coat it like a pooey stick.
          http://thecueguru.weebly.com/

Comment

yep i know that, just wanted to make sure it was all covered lol, the end result was nice though, i'll improve, it was only a first trial on a cheap cue will do it properly on my next attempt!

Comment

What mix did you use to fill the grain? Doesn't look a bad job

Comment

i used a solvent based powder filler mixed with some black powder dye to get the colour, nothing branded.

Comment

Working...
                X