No announcement yet.

Best way to add finish to an ash shaft?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best way to add finish to an ash shaft?

I have some Lord Sheraton Wood balsam lying around. Would this be good to put on an ash shaft? The cue I'm using has a very 'natural' feel to it, with hardly any finish and feels 'dry'.

I've wiped the shaft down with a damp cloth and buffed dry and feels ok. But would like to add something to it ( without ruining it ), so it feels 'finished'.

Was thinking of using Lord Sheraton wood balsam. Has anyone else tried this? Not going to use linseed oil this time as it can make a shaft look 'patchy'.

Thank you in advance.

Got a reply from Trevor. Advised me the best thing to do is stay away from wax and use oil very lightly and leave for a few days inbetween coats, so not to make the shaft patchy.

Comment

Lighter coats of oil over a period of 3-4 days will bring out the best finish without being sticky.
      My deep screw shot
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHXTv4Dt-ZQ

Comment

Originally Posted by sunny3909 View Post
        Lighter coats of oil over a period of 3-4 days will bring out the best finish without being sticky.
        Thanks Sunny. Going to try that. I've gone mad in the past and tried to put too much on at once. This time will put it on sparingly, every 5-6 days. I think it might be OK after the 1st light coat. If it ain't broke and all that...

Comment

Working...
        X