john parris or mike wooldridge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• john parris or mike wooldridge

Hey i was just finding out what ppl like the most as i have used both cues and i like jp have got on well with them and think they are beta cues thanks for looking

Mike makes the best cues, just ask him, sure he'd tell you that himself lol

Comment

You don't have to ask Mike, just ask anyone who's using his cues.

Comment

think the original poster should go and hang his head in shame really.

for me mike is far better, i've tried a couple of my mates parris cues and their not the best, you pay for the badge dont you know!

plus you've always got the added pleasure of him maybe abusing you (nicely) along the way lol.

Comment

I have to agree with "the_paz".I have been using a bespoke wooldridge and cannot fault the build quality....but what suits me may not suit everyone.....
          You may defeat me but I will fight you to the very end!!!!

Comment

I have a MW and a John Parris Superior. If I line them up side by side the build quality on the MW seems far superior. The shaft on the MW is more comparable to a JP ultimate. I think the stock JP cues are not really comparable to MW cues. I guess it explains why the professionals seem to use JP Ultimate cues. Just my 50 pence.

Comment

I play with a john parris which is about 6years old,its made to a high standard of finish albeit with only an ebony butt of which I prefer,feels great to play with,warmed to it as soon as I first got it ,but I would have to say my friend has a MW pro5 and it is an utter work of art with a beautiful finish,you can feel the sheer quality of workmanship. I tend to look at a lot of cues whilst playing here and there like to see what people are playing with and in my opinion mw rates as one of the top cue makers
              So it's Rorschach and Prozac and everything is groovy
              World Masters - Lucky Dip 2011 winner
              World Championship-Lucky Dip 2011 winner
              Snooker island July 2011 - Australian Open prediction comp winner
              http://www.leaguesnooker.co.uk/

Comment

In terms of overall craftsmanship, there is just nothing really better than Mike in my opinion.
                You would have to compare a John Ultimate with Mike's custom cues if you want a fair comparison.
                You also need to look at how the cue plays and whether you like the way it hits. It is hard to make comparison in this department because it is very subjective. I think John makes a great cue. I like the way his cues play. All the John Parris cues I have had I really enjoyed playing with.
                Last edited by poolqjunkie; 10 August 2011, 03:16 AM.
                www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Originally Posted by stejohn View Post
                  Mike makes the best cues, just ask him, sure he'd tell you that himself lol
                  Same as Trevor White , Robin Cook or Will Hunt :/

Parris is only brand. John Parris dont make this cues.
                  Waiting for Trevor White cue. Only 6 months

Comment

Mr Ferrari does not make cars but i would still buy one when i win the lottery .

It's subjective in my opinion . I've just got a new cue , my 1st JP and have to say it is very responsive and possibly the best playing
                    cue i've ever owned , up there with a Robert Osborne i had . Believe me i owned quite a few cues.
                    Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by White147 View Post
                      Same as Trevor White , Robin Cook or Will Hunt :/

Parris is only brand. John Parris dont make this cues.
                      if he doesn't work on any cues any more ill be surprised i rang john the other day to just confirm the date im goin to pick up my jpu and Chris went to get him out of the work shop when he answered the phone he knew who i was wat my order number was and told me there were just out there doin my king wood veneers. so he must still have something to do with the cues

Comment

This old myth that JP no longer works on the cues is just that. As if people are in his place every day checking to see if he's working on the cues personally. It was a made up story by someone getting on the slag JP off bandwagon and like many things on the Internet today because one person says it suddenly it becomes gospel, just like this white147 member who signs up and all his posts say exactly the same thing, JP doesn't make cues anymore. Now what agenda does this member really have?!!!!

He does work on the cues as he loves doing the job and has a vested interest to make sure that each and every cue that leaves his shop is up to the standards expected. If his cues weren't up to scratch don't you think he would be out of business by now given the amount of competition not only in the UK but accross the world now.

Comment

Originally Posted by cueman View Post
                          This old myth that JP no longer works on the cues is just that. As if people are in his place every day checking to see if he's working on the cues personally. It was a made up story by someone getting on the slag JP off bandwagon and like many things on the Internet today because one person says it suddenly it becomes gospel, just like this white147 member who signs up and all his posts say exactly the same thing, JP doesn't make cues anymore. Now what agenda does this member really have?!!!!

He does work on the cues as he loves doing the job and has a vested interest to make sure that each and every cue that leaves his shop is up to the standards expected. If his cues weren't up to scratch don't you think he would be out of business by now given the amount of competition not only in the UK but accross the world now.
                          Exactly mate , well said . Probably never seen a decent handmade cue . So waiting to see his response on his pointless threads .

I think his avatar says it all really !
                          Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Maybe he's Trevor White, getting rid of the competition..
                            Highest Break Practice : 96
                            Highest Break Match : 87 (Previous 85)

I stopped playing since November 2012
                            Picked my cue up again since mid-way 2014

Comment

John Parris or Mike Wooldridge cue?

If you're a decent, century-break player it's a John Parris cue. An Ultimate if you can afford it.

Otherwise it's a Mike Wooldridge in this scenario, as because your ability dictates that you can't knock centuries in with either cue, excuses like 'over-priced' 'same quality elsewhere' starts creeping in.

If you're a decent, century breaker who wins tournaments and plays off 0 handicap down the local snooker centre, then your level of performance has the capability of being very high. A Parris cue is guaranteed to be of very high quality due to the structure John has developed over the past 25 years, and such a decent player will notice high level of performances on a consistent, sustained period with his Parris cue due to this.

A lesser player won't notice the importance I'm afraid. Just my opinion. To quote Ronnie O'Sullivan from a recent twitter post in reply to a fan's exhaustive question about cue problems- "Don't f*ck about with sh*te. Get a decent cue mate. Get on to John Parris."

Comment

Working...
                              X