Can you add grain to a cue shaft ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you add grain to a cue shaft ?

If you have a shaft thats almost ideal where it has some nice arrows then a big gap then arrows again, can a cue maker add arrows to fill the void so it becomes less distracting ?
    sigpic

no you need an artist

Comment

This is a pic of Coutts supreme cue with hand made arrows. Thats as close as you could get to what yor thinking. Not really going to work with an ash shaft though putting a man made arrow next to natural ones....

Unclevit C Brand - CueGuru Tip.

Comment

Originally Posted by jim evans View Post
        no you need an artist
        Rolf Harris ? Are you saying he could do it ?
        sigpic

Comment

Originally Posted by Deepscrew View Post
          This is a pic of Coutts supreme cue with hand made arrows. Thats as close as you could get to what yor thinking. Not really going to work with an ash shaft though putting a man made arrow next to natural ones....

Is that like arrows drawn/engraved on a maple shaft? Wonder how he did it...
          www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Airin,
            Almost looks like he has laminated veneers with maple then tapered a shaft out of it.
            Not very natural but hey what a great idea for all the people out there who want a perfect looking shaft. Not sure what it would play like though???
            http://thecueguru.weebly.com/

Comment

I thought I read somewhere before he updated his site that it is walnut cut into the maple.

Not 100% though.

Comment

So, is it like walnut laminted into malple like a piece of plywood then planned to round? Very interesting.:-)
                So, are the back grains same as the front?
                www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

http://www.couttscues.co.uk/gallerycues.html for more details..

Think there might be a video on it too somehwere on the site.
                  Unclevit C Brand - CueGuru Tip.

Comment

Originally Posted by JasonOwen View Post
                    Airin,
                    Almost looks like he has laminated veneers with maple then tapered a shaft out of it.
                    Not very natural but hey what a great idea for all the people out there who want a perfect looking shaft. Not sure what it would play like though???
                    I saw an omin cue with a similar shaft at the ptc 4. Very interesting indeed.
                    The seller told me that it is a laminated shaft. There wasnt a way for a playtest, but he told me it plays different to "normal" shafts.
                    mind control > body control > cue control > ball control

Comment

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Laminated shaft from omin, not sure how they make.
                      In progressing!!

Comment

I to have given this some thought and can't see why a good French polisher could do this.

Comment

Very interesting indeed. I am very interested to know how it plays. If I am understanding this correctly, it is a kind of flat laminated shaft, with two kinds of wood laminated one being darker and the other being likely maple?
                          There is no reason it would not play well in my opinion.
                          Just wondering if there is a big difference in how the cue plays with the shaft being held at different orientation?
                          Was this done mainly for good looking chevrons?
                          www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

I am not sure about it airin, but from what I heard from the cue owner , they said the cue power is amazing, they put a title on the picture says " you can't imagine how powerful these cue are" lolx
                            In progressing!!

Comment

I would like to try one

Comment

Working...
                              X