Woods cues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woods cues

I recently stumbled on a woods website, very basic just showing 2 maple cues, (which is want I am looking for)

http://www.handmade-cue.com/index.html

Was wondering if anybody has heard of them? or tried any of they cues?

Thanks

I owned a custom made cue from Woods in July this yrs, one piece maple shaft plain ebony.
    I was very impressed by the playability of the maple shaft, but the quality of the ebony is not good enough , butt with lauquer.

Comment

For this good price, what do you want to expect? All you need is a good shaft.

Comment

Where are Woods cues based ? Couldn't spot anything obvious on their website.

They seem to have some great looking cues in their image gallery with what looks like some nice splicings, my only concern would be is how you can get a top quality handmade cue shipped from abroad for around £100 - £130 inclusive.
        sigpic

Comment

The guy from woods cues is a member on here so im sure he'll be along shortly.

Made in china i think..
          Unclevit C Brand - CueGuru Tip.

Comment

I have one. Not a bad cue to be fair. They've got lacquer on them, but not thick. It makes the shaft feel a little plastic. The shaft wood isn't very dense, making it feel light, but if you prefer a light cue they are not bad. Good playability, especially for the price. There are definately worse cues out there.

They are made in china, or one of the the little islands just of the coast.
            If you want to play the pink, but you're hampered by the red, you could always try to play the brown!

Comment

HI i think they are made on Thailand not sure maybe someone knows cheers Leonard

Comment

Woods based on Taishan Guangdong, China

Comment

i dont think they are good cues i no ppl who have some and they have all sold them now cos they are the worst cues they have used they looked ok but i think there are beta cues out there for the money

Comment

Originally Posted by cameron0606 View Post
                    i dont think they are good cues i no ppl who have some and they have all sold them now cos they are the worst cues they have used they looked ok but i think there are beta cues out there for the money

please can you provide a bit more info? what was wrong with them?

what is better for the money?
                    http://e.imagehost.org/0813/Mellow_yellow_sig1.jpg

Comment

the ferral come loos after 3 months the but of the cue just looked cheaply done and they where not good to play with they felt weird to play with and at the time i was using a geordie pool cue that i did not like and they made that cue feel like a parris lol i would go for a sunns for that money they are not bad cues for 100 pound or spend an extra 50 and get a master cue from gbl

Comment

Originally Posted by Mellow Yellow View Post
                        what is better for the money?
                        Probably an old cue, thats about it. Something like a Joe Davis or the such. For a brand new cue you won't get better for £75 made to your specs from anywhere.
                        If you want to play the pink, but you're hampered by the red, you could always try to play the brown!

Comment

no it was after 1 month its up to u but look at dunns cues mate they are beta

Comment

Working...
                          X