Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone tell me the make of this cue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone tell me the make of this cue?

A friend has asked me to clean up and retip his old cue that, he says, he has had for around 20 years.
    The damage on the butt was done many years ago and he cannot remember the badge that was there.
    The badge hole measures 16mm.
    Can anyone tell what make it is?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by DeanH; 6 November 2011, 04:21 PM.
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Think your looking for a needle in a haystack. There has got to be countless cue makers that used small round badges, and I would'nt of thought that the size awould be enough to narrow it down.

Comment

I know it is a long shot but you never know...

Comment

It may just be coincidence but it looks almost identical to a cue I am just re-tipping which is a Geordie pool cue. This has a 16mm name disc.

Comment

it a geordie pool snooker cue i have one somewhere its the supreme model i doubt its 20 years old.

Comment

Were those joints used 20 years ago?
            Unclevit C Brand - CueGuru Tip.

Comment

ste bed - spot on, I would say that it is a Geordie Pool Supreme, cheers. This answers the presence of thick lacquer/varnish on the butt and not on the shaft.
              Deepscrew - I doubt this age as well,
              1) the shaft joint type which I also doubt was around 20 years ago but we my hear different
              2) people usually over-estimate the age of cues
              3) second-hand comment.
              813310 - there are some amazing people on here ps welcome to the forum

Comment

the joint is same as the chinese 1 i gave dwayne and i think its the same on the robin smith cues which i believe are chinese made

Comment

Thanks Jim.
                  I always thought Geordie Pool cues were made abroad
                  Do you have any info on how long those joints have been around?

Comment

your prob better asking mike hes been involved a lot longer than me or stan mullins as he sell joints but i would risk saying about only 5-10 years at most

Comment

Originally Posted by YDJ View Post
                      It may just be coincidence but it looks almost identical to a cue I am just re-tipping which is a Geordie pool cue. This has a 16mm name disc.

Hi YDJ, thanks for the post, but for some reason it did not post till just now <shrug>
                      Also the images dont appear to work either. ?
                      cheers

Comment

looks like i am not needed! - its a geordie pool cue its not 20 years old its less than 10 years old
                        https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                          looks like i am not needed! - its a geordie pool cue its not 20 years old its less than 10 years old
                          I delivered it back to him last night and he admits he made a mistake and confused this cue with another, he has had this one for about 7-8 years, as I said in an earlier posting people get confused with their cues
                          But he did say that Geordie Pool Supreme did not ring a bell with him but the word "Ambassador" did, as the make not model?
                          I have not come across a brand of cue called Ambassador before (anyone?) also it definitely is not a JP

Comment

I had a Shender cue identical to this, my dad had a geordie pool supreme and we kept getting them mixed up, probably made by the same factory, spot on cue if you can find a good one!
                            No one is listening until you make a mistake!

Comment

Working...
                            X