My new GBL cue!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new GBL cue!

I got the cue at the beginning of May so it's not that new, but now I wanna share my joy with you

First of all, I strongly recommend Stu Green. He was very helpful, patient and when it came to buying I got great discount

The quality of cue is great. It's dead straight and has very smooth finish. It weighs 18.9 oz., length is 58" and has 9.5 mm tip diameter. The tip itself is Mike Wooldridge Super. Originally the tip was 9.96 mm but Stu sanded it down for me, free of charge.

I'm very happy of this cue, have compared it to some Parris cues and it isn't inferior to it in any way. I think it's certainly worth the price. (the cue itself was around £180, + case + mini butt + extension + shipment to Poland altogether it was £300)

Please have a look at the photos and tell me what do you think of this cue

And the background

Very nice. Stu takes a lot of care and attention on each GBL cue and finishes each cue off himself personally.

Comment

Looks a lovely cue in a nice traditional design, and has a great shaft by the looks of things in terms of arrows & tight grain, more importantly though how are you playing with it & does it suit you ?
      Stu's another one of the good guys in the cue game sells quality items, offers good value for money backed by excellent service so a win win.
      To be fair the GBL range is hard to beat for the money based on the one's i've seen so enjoy it mate !

Comment

Originally Posted by krazen View Post
        I got the cue at the beginning of May so it's not that new, but now I wanna share my joy with you
        Wow. Strong hesitation. But gradz!

Comment

Those are very good close-ups mate. Great advert for GBL
          Tear up that manure-fed astroturf!

Comment

You take a nice picture.

Comment

A very nice solid looking cue there mate.

Comment

Ronnie replica with a joint, looks great
                "You have to play the game like it means nothing, when in fact it means everything to you" Steve Davis.

Comment

I don't have much experience when it comes to cues, but this one feels just right I like the feeling when I strike the ball with it, but it's hard to describe It's certainly better than wobbled cues from club rack

I think for beginner like me it's important to have straight solid cue with good tip fitted and I think Mike Wooldridge's tip does the job perfectly. With rack cues, I've always had problems with shots involving rotations, especially screw shots and with this cue it's much much easier.

As you can see the cue is pretty standard spec (58", 9.5 mm tip, 18.9 oz.) and I don't think I need anything right now and in close future. Now it's time for me to improve and hopefully I'll move to the city with some snooker clubs at soon, because now I have to drive 35 miles to closest club (where I donated the cloth you can see in the photos BTW) and I don't play so often

Comment

Working...
                  X